CHAPTER 4

Manik- oh I am so sorry, I have lost the right to call you that as you like it to be professional and formal with strangers, so ok let's try once more, just go Ms. Murthy! Leave.

Each word that left his mouth was like a knife stabbing Nandini's heart. Only one thought was running in her mind that were these six years so powerful that they had turned them into strangers from lovers. Did they really didn't know each other anymore? Was there nothing left in between them? Did he really hate her so much?

But this was not the only question. The real question was, that was she ready to fall weak in front of him? Was she ready to forgive him? Was she ready to trust the person who had once not only broken her heart but also shredded her trust into pieces? Was she ready to let the person who threw her out of his life without thinking twice, enter her life for the second time? Was she strong enough to give him a second chance, a second chance which would be accompanied by the risk of her heart breaking once again?

These thoughts made her feel breathless. She felt suffocated. She just turned from there without looking at the person who was standing in front of her, throwing those bitter words her way. She left the venue without giving the consequences of pulling such an act, a second thought. She wasn't weak to run away from the situation but the presence of the person, who she once loved immensely, for whom she had left her family behind, had made her feel claustrophobic.

The first thing that she did after sitting in her car was to gulp a bottle of water down her throat to calm herself. Feeling a little better, she ordered her driver to drive her back to her home.

As soon as she had rung the bell, she was being hugged or rather strangled by the two most special people in her life.

Nandini- Aadu, Navya, at least let me breathe, you guys are choking me.

They both left her and giggled looking at The Nandini Murthy, who had just won the award for the best businesswoman, whining and cribbing like a two-year old.

Aadhya- Congratulations Mom, I am so proud of you!!

Nandini- thank you my baby!

Navya- Well done Ms. Businesswoman of the year!

Saying this, Navya gave her a light pat on the back and Aadhya gestured her to bend down. Nandini looked at her questioningly but on realizing that her daughter was not going to speak up or give any sort of reply to her questioning posture, she just bent down. And the next move of her little munchkin brought a big smile on Nandini's face as Aadhya had ever-so lovingly pecked her cheeks.

Nandini- thank you Aadu. This reward is much more special than this award!

Aadhya smiled at her mommy whole heartedly.

These cute little moments were the ones which kept Nandini fueled up to fight every single battle that used to come her way.

On Manik's Side,

A shattered soul sat on the floor, with his knees folded and shaking hands covering his face. His face carried a defeated expression and his lips trembled as tiny drops of tears raced down his cheeks. He kept on murmuring "I can't fight anymore". His voice wobbled as these words left his mouth.

He could hear her voice pleading to him to listen to her once, to trust her, to trust their love.

"do not question my love for you as it was pure, your love was weak Mr. Manik Malhotra, your trust in me was weak, it didn't even take a minute to break."

"you are a liar Mr. Malhotra, your love, your care, your trust everything was a lie, one big lie."

" Our love ended the day when you had to think twice to believe in me, the thread connecting our hearts broke when your trust in me broke. There is nothing left in this marriage."

" Congratulations Mr.Malhotra now you can breathe freely as this marriage or my presence will not suffocate you anymore. We are over."

He shut his eyes tightly and kept his hands on his ears to stop recalling all these moments which were now that part of his past that he regretted the most.

Manik(shouts in pain)- No just stop, I can't, I just can't, enough!

His trance was broken by the ringing of his phone. 'Sharma' was the name displayed on the screen. Manik, although wanted to throw the phone away, but he knew that throwing this innocent piece of technology away wouldn't bring his Nandini back so not to create a problem in any other person's life due to his dumb and insensitive behaviour, he picked up the call at once.

Manik- yes

The next set of words that reached his ears made him stunned. He had never even imaged this in his wildest dreams.

Sharma- Sir, Colours and Smiles Pvt. Ltd., wants to enter in a joint venture with our company. I had to disturb you as they want a meeting to be set on urgent basis, if we are interested. Sir, its Ms. Nand

Manik(cuts him in between)- Nandini Murthy's Company

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HEY!

Here is the next chapter, Hope you all liked it!

Let's see that how this tie up will affect the lives of Manik and Nandini!

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

INLINE COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!

EID MUBARAK! May this eid bring health and happiness for you and your family!

Thank you,

Stay safe and Take care,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat