Chapter 8

"It's time, class rep. Let's begin," Yaoyorozu said.

Yaoyorozu and Midoriya were at the front of the class. Midoriya looked like a nervous wreck. Y/N watched as Midoriya stumbled over his words. She had her head on her hand as she clicked her pen, waiting for this to end. 

"Um. Okay, so we need to figure out who the other officers will be. But first, there's something I wanna say," Midoriya said as he looked at the ground.

He looked up and his eyes scanned the classroom. His eyes met with a pair of e/c ones. Y/N motioned for him to take deep breaths and he listened.

He took a deep breath before he said, "I've thought a lot about this. And I think Tenya Iida should be our class rep! He was able to capture everyone's attention and get us in line. So I believe that he should be the one leading our class." 

He wore a bright smile as he looked around the class.

"Yeah, you know what? If Midoriya vouches for him, I'm good," Kirishima said.

"This is a waste of time, I don't care who the rep is, just hurry up," Aizawa said as he sat up in his sleeping bag scaring Midoriya.

Y/N saw Midoriya yelp and snickered. She covered her mouth and tried not to laugh any louder.

Midoriya saw her struggling to keep quiet and smiled at her.

"If Midoriya is nominating me for this job, then I humbly accept. I pledge to carry out the duties of class rep," Iida said as he stood up and raised his hand.

"We just need a simple yes or no, not a speech," Y/N mumbled. 

Midoriya went back to his seat and sat down. His heart was still beating pretty fast and Y/N's hearing quickly picked up on it. She tapped his shoulder. When Midoriya turned to face her, Y/N picked up his hand and began to trail her finger down and around his palm then gently close his fist. When she let go she noticed his heart beat slowed down and went back to normal.

"Your heart was beating too fast again and it was getting annoying," Y/N said as she turned to face the board.

"You sure you didn't just want to hold my hand again," Midoriya asked with a smirk.

Y/N turned to face him and leaned her head on her hand. She looked him up and down and smirked.

"At least what I wanna touch is your hand, unlike you," Y/N teased and turned back to the board.

Midoriya's face flushed crimson as he put his head on his desk remembering what happened earlier. Y/N laughed at his reaction. 

"What happened? Cat got your tongue?" Y/N teased.

Midoriya lifted and turned his head to face her again and said, "I said I was sorry!" 

"I couldn't hear you over how fast your heart was beating," Y/N said as she leaned close to him.

Midoriya looked at her with wide eyes and a flustered expression.

"Do I make you nervous, Midoriya?" Y/N asked in an alluring tone as she pulled him in by his tie.

"When you do this kind of stuff, who wouldn't be?" He said.

Y/N let go of his tie and moved back to her seat. She snickered and faced the board again. Midoriya re-adjusted his tie and composed himself. 

"Today's training will be a little different. You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you," Aizawa said.