Chapter 35

Midoriya's eyes widened as his mouth slightly opened in shock as he stared at Y/N. Y/N's eyes widened as she turned away from him. She covered her face with her hands and bent forward as she yelled in her hands out of frustration.

"Y/N? W-What are you doing here?" He asked as he reached out for her.

Y/N felt his hand gaze her shoulder before she jumped away from him. She created distance between him while Midoriya's mouth closed and his eyes narrowed at Y/N.

"Y/N. Who are you here with?" He asked, making his words clear as glass.

Y/N clenched her jaw and looked around as if she was waiting for someone to pop out again. 

"No one, I'm alone," She said as she relaxed.

"How are you alone? How did you get here? This location was kept secret between the staff," Midoriya said as he furrowed his brows in suspicion. 

Y/N hesitated a bit before she spoke.

"I escaped and hid out by UA. While I was hiding out, I saw you guys get on a bus and rode on top... I didn't know where else to go," Y/N lied as she stepped towards him.

Her voice didn't hint at any sadness, confusion, or fear. Instead, it was clear and honest sounding, even though her words were far from it. Her expressions and actions made her seem as if she was telling Midoriya the truth, he believed it, even though he shouldn't.

"You should come back to camp with me, you can stay with us while we sort everything out. I'm sure the staff will help you," Midoriya said as he stepped towards her and grabbed her hand.

"No, I shouldn't. You should head back to camp though. I'll be out here, you be careful," She said as she gently let go of his hand and turned around.

"Wait," Midoryia said.

"What?" Y/N asked as she stopped walking and turned to him.

"...When you came to UA, you had a mission. What was it?" Midoriya asked.

"Why are you asking?" She asked as she raised her chin and looked at him with a serious expression.

"Was your mission to kill me?" Midoriya blurted out, disregarding Y/N's question.

Y/N chuckled and sighed as she turned back around, "No, it wasn't. My mission wasn't even related to you in the beginning..."

Midoriya sighed in relief as he put his hand on his chest, "Thank god because Kacchan-"

 "unless you consider All Might a relation," She added as she glanced over her shoulder with a smirk interrupting him.

Midoriya's eyes widened again. His heart began to beat faster and his palms began to sweat. 

"W-What? Why would I have any relation to him? Other than being one of his students," Midoriya rambled nervously.

Y/N fully turned to face him. She could hear his heart begin to beat faster and began to approach him as she wore an evil yet alluring smirk. 

"I know your little secret... I mean the signs were obvious. The costume, the admiration, but mostly... the power. You didn't think I wouldn't notice, did you?" Y/N said with a smirk as she slowly walked up to him. 

She gently tilted her head during the final statement and walked up to Midoriya. He walked backward as Y/N began to close in on him. 

"C'mon, you didn't think I wouldn't figure out your All Might's successor? You underestimated me, Midoriya," Y/N spoke in a low tone as she tilted his chin with her index as Midoriya stopped against a tree.