Chapter 29

The heroes watched as the warp began to close. Officers shot at the warp while a hero stuck their hand in to reach for her. The hero screamed when they pulled their arm back only to see it had been severed off once the portal had closed. Midoriya's eyes widened at the sight of the hero's arm. Iida and Todoroki walked next to Midoriya as they turned their head away in fear and disgust. Midoriya couldn't peel his eyes away from the horrific scene while Mirko turned away and looked at the ground in anger and disbelief. Grand Torino saw her and approached her. 

"Mirko, All Might told me Y/N would be interning with you," Torino said.

"Yeah, he told me to keep a close eye on her and now I know why," Mirko said as she glared at the floor.

"Come with me, I'll explain everything All Might said to me," Grand Torino said.

Mirko nodded and followed him away from the crowd. Torino sighed and turned to face Mirko. Mirko tilted her head in curiosity.

"Mirko, Y/N is a missing person, she was kidnapped as a baby by the League. All Might spoke to me about it on the phone. That's why he wanted you to keep an eye on her. He wasn't sure at first but after this... we're almost certain it's true," Torino said.

"She's a criminal... but if this IS true, then she was probably brainwashed and trained to believe that what she's been doing is right," Mirko said.

"We just need to find solid evidence to continue-" Torino spoke but was interrupted by a scream.

A nearby civilian was shaking as the purple warp re-appeared. Y/N poked her head out and grinned. Midoriya turned his head and locked eyes with her. She quickly looked away and grinned at the civilian.

"My bad," She said with a chuckle as she held a dismembered arm in her hand.

The heroes turned their heads to her and saw the bloody arm in her hand. Y/N waved the arm and threw it to them.

"Thought I'd give you a hand. Now that I have... I'll get going," Y/N said as she disappeared back into the warp.

"Don't let her get away!" A hero yelled.

The heroes all ran at the warp but it disappeared again. 

"She did that just to poke fun and taunt us," Midoriya thought as he turned away from the warp.

"Midoriya, are you all right?" Iida asked as he put a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I am," Midoriya said as he continued walking.

"Midoriya, we know how close you two are... or were," Todoroki said as he looked at the ground in disappointment.

Midoriya stopped walking and clenched his jaw and balled his fists. 

"We WERE close. I don't know after this... I don't even know if I'll ever see her again but it doesn't matter because she's a villain and I'm going to become a hero," Midoriya said.

Todoroki and Iida stayed quiet as they watched Midoriya approach Grand Torino and Mirko. They didn't notice he was approaching and continued their conversation. While they were talking Midoriya saw an officer hand Mirko Y/N's hood and mask. She took them in her hands and examined them.

"Take them to evidence to get some DNA samples. If what you say is true, Grand Torino, then Y/N's DNA should match with the missing person's, and the case is almost solved," Mirko said to him as she handed them back and turned to Grand Torino.

Midoriya's eyes widened.

"What do you mean 'Y/N's DNA should match with the missing person's?' Who is the missing person? Did you not tell me something, Grand Torino?" Midoriya questioned as he began muttering.