Chapter 42

Y/N dropped to her knees in silence as the last ashes flew away. She held her head low as she stared at her hands. Shigaraki laughed as he looked down at Y/N then at the falling ashes. He knelt and looked at Y/N. His smirk faded and changed into a straight face. 

"She's dead now. And it was all your fault," Shigaraki said as he continued looking down at her.

Y/N looked up at him, eyes watering and narrowed at Shigaraki as she looked at him with bitter resentment and heartbreak. She clenched her jaw as she stood up. 

"No. It's yours," She said as she glared at him and shoved him to the ground.

Shigaraki scoffed and lifted himself off the ground. He dusted himself off and smirked.

"You really think the heroes will believe you? I mean, after all... you are still a villain in their eyes," Shigaraki taunted.

"Maybe, but I did have witnesses," Y/N said as she pointed at Midoriya, Kirishima, Bakugo, and Todoroki fly in the air.

Shigaraki's eyes widened in rage as he watched them disappear. He turned his head back to Y/N and growled in frustration. As she watched them soar through the air, she saw Compress fly after them. Shigaraki chuckled as he saw compress reach out for Bakugo's leg. Before Compress was able to grab hold, Mount Lady intervened and stopped him. Y/N sighed in relief and looked back at Shigaraki. Shigaraki knelt to the ground and picked up a sharp piece of concrete that had been broken off. He looked at the sharp edge and up at Y/N. He smirked and lunged at her. As she turned around, she saw the rock slice down her left eyebrow and to the middle of her cheek. She screamed in pain and she dug her claws into Shigaraki's shoulders. He hissed in pain and let go of the rock as he pushed her off. Y/N rolled on the ground and held her eye in pain. She pushed herself off the ground and looked down at her hand. It was covered in dirt and dripping blood from her eye. She couldn't see out of her left eye. Shigaraki was on the ground with his arms bleeding and by his side. She looked at him and ran away while he was distracted.  

Sirens blared in the distance as Y/N walked through the city. Smoke from the fires burning emerged in the distance as she walked away from it. Her eye had begun to heal and the blood had stopped escaping the wound. She walked through the city with a melancholy expression until she saw a blackbird perched on the lamp post. Her eye filled with hope as she climbed up the lamp post. 

"Rin?" She spoke softly with a glimpse of hope in her eye. 

The bird flew away the moment Y/N got close. She huffed and jumped down then chased after it. She ran through the city, past police officers, pushing through crowds of people.

"Rin! Is that you? Wait!" She yelled out as she ran across the street.

She kept running until the bird finally stopped on top of a screen that showed the fight of All Might against All for One. Y/N's mouth opened in shock as she saw All Might in his smaller and weaker form. She looked away and looked up at the bird that flew down. As the bird flew past her, she realized she had been following a crow, not a raven.

"I don't know what I was thinking... of course it wasn't her," Y/N sighed as her eyes began to water again.

She sniffled and looked up to make the tears go away. She looked back down and sighed again. She looked around making sure no police officers had found nor followed her. She closed her eyes for a moment and focused on her hearing. As she focused, her ears perked up at the sound of sniffling.

"Midoriya," She said as she opened her eyes and ran in his direction.

"Excuse me. -- Out of the way! -- Move, damn it!-- Move your ass!" She yelled as she forced her way through the crowded sidewalk and streets.