Chapter 36

Midoriya had finally finished cleaning himself up and was walking out to dinner. As he walked out he saw Kota watching the class from afar. Midoriya tilted his head in curiosity and concern as he watched Kota walk away at the sound of Mandalay calling his name. Midoriya walked over to the table where the curry was left out and grabbed two bowls. He carefully followed behind Kota as he went to a cliff nearby, trying not to disturb his classmates or Kota. Once they both arrived, Midoriya saw Kota sitting near the ledge.

"I heard that, I thought you may be hungry so I brought you some curry," Midoriya said gently as he approached Kota.

Kota stood up and clenched his fists, "No way! How did you find this place?" the boy yelled.

The frustration and anger were easily seen in his face and heard in his tone when he spoke to Midoriya.

"Oh, sorry, I followed your footsteps. I brought you some dinner before it got cold," Midoriya said as he held 2 plates of curry in his hands.

"Whatever, I'm just fine. Get lost, I don't wanna hang out with you. So forget about my secret hideout," Kota said as he stared at the ground in utter frustration.

"This is a secret hideout?" Midoriya asked as he looked around. 

"Hmph, spending your entire life trying to improve your quirks is dumb. All you wanna do is show off. Get lost!" Kota yelled.

Midoriya kept trying to connect with Kota and eventually he brought up his parents. Their tragic death was traumatizing for Kota and led him to resent and hate the hero versus villain society along with quirks. Midoriya eventually came to terms and understood why Kota was so resentful and aggressive towards him.

Meanwhile, Y/N was back at the abandoned warehouse with the rest of the league. She was napping on top of one of the crates on the very top of the mountains of crates. She laid in front of the window, the moonlight shone onto her face, making her squirm in her sleep to hide her face from the light. Big sis Mags noticed and chuckled, she slowly approached the mountain of the crate and smiled up at Y/N's figure curled up in a tight ball with her head hidden with her hair and her tail wrapped around her legs. 

"Y/N, why don't you come nap here, darling? There's no light and no one will bug you," Big sis Mags said softly.

Y/N's eyes fluttered open and she saw Mags pointing at a crate below her and to her right. Y/N looked over at the crate then back at Mags who's mouth was curved into a soft smile but her eyes were covered by her sunglasses. Y/N narrowed her eyes at Mags and slowly crawled down the crate and to where Mags was pointing. She laid down and curled back into a ball.

"Thank you, Magne" Y/N whispered.

"You're welcome and call me Mags," Mags said with a smile.

Y/N faintly smiled into her arm as she heard Mags' footsteps fade away. She began to drift to sleep but was woken up by Shigaraki throwing the door open. Y/N groaned as she sat up. 

"Who pissed in your coffee this morning?" Y/N asked as she stretched her arms and yawned.

"No one. Now go out and scout the camp. Find all the staff that's there and count how many students in total there are. Also, see if you hear any mentions of All Might arriving. I haven't seen him yet," Shigaraki said as he paced back and forth and scratched his neck.

"Aye aye captain," Y/N said as she sarcastically saluted and jumped down the crates.

As Y/N was walking out, Dabi was walking in. Their eyes locked. Dabi gave her a malicious smirk while Y/N glared at him. Dabi brushed his shoulder against Y/N's as she walked past him. Y/N ignored it, didn't think much of it, and left the warehouse to begin scouting.