Chapter 43

Days before Rin's death: At the camp: 10:27 P.M.

Ring!

Ring!

Rin turned her attention off the girls and looked at her phone.

"Hawks. What does he want?" Rin asked herself as she picked up the phone.

"Rin? Is everything okay?" Tsu asked as she sat on the mattress in the room.

"Hello? Yeah," Rin spoke into the phone as she held her hand up and walked out of the room to take the call.

The girls shrugged and went back to their conversations as Rin walked into the hallway and began to speak.

"Hawks, what's up?" Rin asked.

"Rin, I need you to go somewhere private. Where there's no one that could eavesdrop," Hawks spoke.

"Fine, give me a sec," Rin said as she put the phone on the ground and transformed.

She grabbed the phone with her talons and flew through the hall and out an open window. She flew through the forest and landed on a tall tree where she transformed.

"Okay, I'm alone," Rin said as she sat down and let her legs hang off the branch.

"Tell me if this sounds familiar," Hawks began.

"Okay," Rin said as she raised a brow.

"Venezuela, 4 years ago, a girl named Reia Noa escaped the gang named Diablos de la Noche. She was the only survivor of the two other children they had kidnapped. After her escape, only twenty of the fifty gang members died, does this sound familiar?" Hawks said.

"No, I haven't heard of this, why?" She asked as her hands shook.

"Really? Well then I'll keep going. The two other children where her siblings, Rafael, 4, and Ramira, 2. Reia 13 when she escaped, she would be turning 17 this year, like you. Now Rafael and Rafael would be 13 and Ramira would be 11... Rin, I have intel that Rafael and Ramira are alive," Hawks spoke.

Rin's eyes widened and her mouth opened. Her eyes glistened with hope and her eyes began to water. She held her hand up to her face and covered her mouth as she tried to choke back sobs.

"Rin, I know you're Reia. I can help reunite you with your siblings," Hawks said.

"How?" Rin asked in shock as she sniffled.

"I'll explain everything to you later but right now I need you to listen to me. I have a plan that will allow you to live with them without having to worry about the League or the gang. But you'll have to disappear for a while," Hawks explained.

"What do you mean 'disappear?" Rin asked as she scrunched her face in confusion.

"I mean you'll have to 'die'," He said.

Rin held her breath for a second as she thought about it, she didn't wanna leave her friends behind thinking they'll never see her again but if it meant she'd be reunited with her family...

"I'll do it," Rin said.

"Okay, I'll think of a plan and locate your siblings but until then just have fun, be a teenager. I'll talk to you soon, bye kid," Hawks said before he hung up.

Moment of Rin's death:

Rin flew down beside Midoriya, Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, Iida, and Kirishima's side when she saw Bakugo surrounded by villains. She looked around and saw Twice running towards Bakugo when she jumped over the wall and transformed. She flew over to Twice and transformed mid-air, tackling him to the ground.