Chapter 21

"Welcome back to the finals, everyone! Sorry for the long wait! The insane amount of ice from the second match has finally been cleared, though, so it's time to welcome new competitors! Even beautiful flowers have thorns. It's the assassin from Class 1-B, Ibara Shiozaki, from the hero course! Versus, the girl with the sharp claws AND attitude! Another hero in the making, Y/N, L/N!" Present Mic announced.

The crowd cheered as Shiozaki and Y/N walked into the ring. Y/N cracked her knuckles as she analyzed Shiozaki. She noticed she had vines for hair. She then began to create a plan to be able to find a way to take her down without killing her or leaving any serious injuries.

"Keep those eyes peeled! I wanna see a super flashy battle this time!" Present mic announced.

"Excuse me! Please pardon the interruption. I'm not sure why you called me an assassin. I've come to the festival in search of victory, not take my opponent's life. That wouldn't be in line with the value of a hero at all, sir," Shiozaki said as she held one hand up and the other on her heart.

Y/N rolled her eyes and yelled, "Hey, Jesus! It's a metaphor!"

"And there's the attitude folks! Anyways, right. I'm sorry," Present Mic announced as quiet laughs were heard in the crowd.

"Gentlemen, I didn't enter UA for wicked or selfish reasons, but to deliver salvation to others! It is my humble quest to spread my true good across this world," Shiozaki said as light shined on her.

"Where the fuck did that light come from?" Y/N said as she looked around.

"Listen! I said I was sorry! That was my bad, okay?" Present Mic yelled.

"I thank you for your kind understanding," Shiozaki said as she bowed.

Y/N groaned and rolled her eyes as she said, "Finally, let's get started,"

Shiozaki walked into the arena and held her hands together. Y/N looked at her with a condescending look.

"BEGIN!" Midnight announced.

Y/N smirked and began running towards Shiozaki. Shiozaki then began to use her vines and sent them towards Y/N. Y/N brought out her claws and began cutting through the vines. Shiozaki used her vines and made them come from under the ground. Y/N dodged it with ease and jumped over her. Shiozaki tried to grab onto Y/N's legs using her vines but Y/N quickly cut the vines. Y/N then locked Shiozaki between her legs and dropped her arms down to the ground facing out of bounds. She used the momentum from when she put her hands on the floor to slam Shiozaki out of bounds with her legs. Shiozaki screamed as she was slammed into the ground. The brute force Y/N used made Shiozaki break the cement below. Y/N then stood up and looked down at Shiozaki who was groaning in pain.

"How's that for your damn salvation?" Y/N said as she walked around Shiozaki.

"I'm just... thankful I was given the opportunity... to battle such a worthy opponent," Shiozaki said as she tried catching her breath between every few words.

"You know what... I should've just knocked you unconscious. Then I wouldn't have to listen to you," Y/N said as she pursed her lips together and squinted her eyes.

"The moment I see her in public, I'm going to kill her. See how her damn salvation saves her from me cutting her to bits and pieces," Y/N thought as she walked away.

"She's out of bounds! That's all folks! Y/N's sharp attitude led her to victory!" Present Mic announced.

"The winner is Y/N! She advances on!" Midnight said as she cracked her whip.

The crowd cheered for Y/N as they watched her walk away.

"She's got incredible fighting senses. She seems experienced and well trained," A hero said in the stands.