Chapter 25

The sun was setting as Rin and Y/N walked to the base. The golden sun shined against their skin before it set. Y/N stopped walking while Rin continued walking, not noticing Y/N had stopped.

"Rin. Who are you?" Y/N asked.

Rin stopped walking and turned to face Y/N. She walked over to her and looked at her in confusion.

"I'm Rin Okamoto? Who else would I be?" Rin asked as she tilted her head.

Y/N tilted her head and squinted her eyes.

"No, you're not. You're lying," Y/N said.

Rin's eyes slightly widened as she clenched her jaw. She took a step back and looked away.

"I don't know what makes you think that," Rin said as she began walking.

"I don't know anything about you. You join the league out of nowhere. You speak Spanish and you killed someone with a technique only a trained professional assassin would know... Rin, I'm going to ask you again. Who are you?" Y/N interrogated as she walked in front of Rin.

"Aren't you clever, kitten. You're right, I'm not who I say I am," Rin said as she at the ground beside Y/N.

"Then who are you?" Y/N asked.

Rin sighed and said, "What I say, stays between us. Got it?"

Y/N nodded. Rin exhaled as she looked at the sky.  Her violet eyes shined in the light as well as her golden tan skin. She brushed her hair back with her hand and looked at Y/N.

"My birthname is Reia Noa. Spanish is my native language and I learned Japanese when I was young. That made it easier for me when I left my homecountry to come to Japan. When I came to Japan, I met this man that introduced me to Shigaraki. They helped me change my identity. The only information I kept the same was that I was from Central America, everything else is a lie," Rin explained.

"Why did you leave?" Y/N asked.

"Because I had nothing left for me," Rin said with a numb expression.

Y/N tilted her head in curiosity.

"I had a little brother and baby sister. We were kidnapped by a gang when I was 8 and they were 2 and 4. Being the oldest, I was trained and made into a child soldier, in a way. By the age of 10, I had killed 4 people, been involved with drug smuggling, and robberies. I only commited these crimes because I was promised my family's freedom along with my own. Tch, what a load of bullshit," Rin said as she shook her head.

She turned away from Y/N and covered her face.

"FUCK!" She yelled but it was muffled by her hands.

She turned back to Y/N and brushed her hair back with both hands. She rested her hands on the top of her head as she continued.

"They lied. They killed them both and I found out 8 years later. When I found out I escaped and went to the heroes but they didn't help. They didn't do shit so I did it myself. I murdered the twenty men that made my life miserable," Rin said.

"That's why you became a villain?" Y/N asked.

"Becoming a villain was my only choice. Society won't let me redeem myself," Rin said as she began walking.

"Right," Y/N said as she walked besides her.

"Villains aren't born, they're created. Rin's proof of that," Y/N thought as she watched Rin wipe away a tear.

"So what about you?" Rin asked.

"What do you want to know?" Y/N asked.

"Um... How did you join the League?" Rin asked.