Chapter 32

"Mr. Tsukauchi who is investigating the League of Villains is interviewed me. I told him everything I could about Shigaraki's appearance and the conversation we had. He told me that I did well, especially being able to keep it together when so many lives were on the line. He still hasn't let me go even though I had told him everything... almost everything," Midoriya thought as he sat in front of Mr. Tsukauchi as papers and photographs were scattered on the table.

"Thanks for the report Midoriya. This helps a lot," Mr. Tsukauchi said as he picked up his papers and stood up.

Midoriya nodded and began heading out of the room. Mr. Tsukauchi escorted Midoriya out of the building where they were met with All Might. 

"Young Midoriya! Tsukauchi!" All Might spoke as he approached them.

"All Might? But, how?" Midoriya asked as he walked up to All Might.

"I needed to talk to him anyway," Tsukauchi spoke as he followed behind.

"What a relief. I'm so glad you're okay. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to protect you and the others," All Might spoke as he pat Midoriya's head.

Midoriya looked up at him and said, "It's fine... Um, All Might,"

"Yeah, what is it?" All Might asked.

"Do you ever have times when you can't save all the people you want to?" Midoriya asked.

"Yes, I do. And often. Someone could be injured and calling out for my help anywhere in the world right now, and I would never know about it. I know it's frustrating, but we're only human. There will always be people beyond our reach that we can't protect. But that's all the more reason to stand tall and smile. So that the "Symbol of Justice" is always there. Even when I can't be, a flicker in people's hearts, whether they be a hero or a villain," All Might spoke.

"The kid's worried about what Shigaraki said. But that was likely the villain's resentment talking," Tsukauchi spoke.

"It's not what he said. It's what she said. I want to be able to save people. I want her to know I can become a true hero. I'll prove to her that All Might really does want to help me the way I want to be able to help her," Midoriya thought as Tsukauchi spoke.

"Izuku?" Inko spoke breaking Midoriya out of his thoughts.

"Mom?" He spoke as he saw his mother standing next to a police officer.

"Izuku! My baby! I can't do this anymore. I don't think my heart can handle another scare," Inko cried as she held onto Midoriya's arm with one hand and held a handkerchief to her face with the other.

"I'm sorry. Everything's fine. I'm okay, mom. There's no need to cry. The heroes and the police have been taking really good care of me all night," He reassured her as he gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

The officers escorted Midoriya and Inko back to their home while All Might stayed behind and spoke with Tsukauchi. On his way, Midoriya couldn't stop thinking about his encounter with Y/N. As he watched the cars pass by through the window of the police car, he slowly reached his hand up to his cheek and grazed his finger over it. 

"Izuku, is everything all right?" Inko asked from beside him.

Midoriya turned to face her and softly smiled.

"I'm fine, mom," He said.

"Are you sure? You didn't get hurt or anything? Nothing I should worry about? Are you really-" Inko began to ask frantically.

"I'm sure, mom. Everything is okay, you don't need to worry about anything," He said as he put his head on her shoulder.

Inko's body relaxed and she brushed his hair out of his face. She smiled and kissed the top of his head.