~3~

~3~

————————————————————

SHE SITS across from her, his eyes trained on his screen. "Is your name Danielle Larson?"

She inhaled deeply, clearing her throat. "Yes."

"Are you twenty two years old?"

"Yes."

"OK, Miss Larson, I'm going to proceed with the questions." She nods stiffly, tucking her free hand underneath her leg.

"Are you a former agent of HYDRA?"

She swallows. "Yes."

"Did you carry out assassinations on their behalf?"

Her gaze wavers. "Yes."

"Do you admit to killing men, women and children on behalf of HYDRA?"

Her breathing hitches. "Yes."

"Do you regret your actions?"

"Yes," she answers more certainly.

"Did you at any point find taking someone's life, easy?"

Her lips part but she hesitates. "I was given false infor-"

"Yes or no, please."

She blinks. Releasing a shaky breath, she swallows the lump in her throat. "Yes."

He flips over a file in front of him, too far away for her to read. "Do you live on Harbour st. Apartment 24?"

"Yes."

"Do you live alone?"

"Yes."

"Do you have any close neighbours?"

"Yes."

He flips over the file again. "Was your sister's name is Anna?"

Her body freezes. "I'm sorry, I don't see how this is relevant," she snipes, quietly. He raises an eyebrow. She glances uneasily around the room. "Yes."

"Is Anna dead?"

"Yes."

"Did HYDRA kill your sister?"

"Yes."

"Why was your sister killed?"

Anger washes over her but it's quickly replaced by grief. Her eyes glaze over and her gaze drops to her lap. She tries to swallow the lump in her throat but it won't seem to budge. She clears her throat, shaking her head. She mumbles a sorry, tearing the monitors off as she rushes out of the room.