~42~

~42~

—————————————————————

"JESUS, CAN this family spend one day apart?" She rolls her eyes. "Nathan stop!"

Danielle clicks her tongue, slapping the back of her brother's head as he tackles a wide eyed Bucky, who tries to be as careful as he can whilst gripping his forearms.

Danielle rolls her eyes. "You're going to hurt yourself, idiot," she snaps, hauling him backwards and shoving him away.

He breathes heavily, his eyes narrowed and fiery as he lunges again. She clenches her jaw, stepping on his foot and forcing him to fall into her before she pushes him up against the wall. "Hey!" she calls. "You done?"

His chest rises and falls rapidly and she snaps her fingers, bringing his angry eyes back to hers. "Listen to me, Nate. He's my," she pauses, a small crease forming on her forehead as her eyes flicker to Bucky. "Fiancé. It's rude to attack my fiancé."

"But he-"

"Yeah," she drawls, "And I've forgiven him. He's very sorry. And he will spend the rest of our lives making up for it."

"I will?" Bucky's small voice sounds behind her, causing both Larsons to shoot him a glare. His jaw clenches and he swallows. "Right. Yes. Exactly. I will."

She hesitates before releasing her brother. She runs a hand through her hair. "It is important to me," she begins, enunciating her words carefully to get through his blind rage. "That both of you can at least be civil."

Nathan takes a breath, shaking his head, glancing to her, his eyes full of concern. She gives him a reassuring half smile.

Bucky steps forward awkwardly. "Hi," he nods, "It's nice to meet you."

Bucky being polite and social is something that never fails to make Danielle smile a little, both from amusement and pride. She digs an elbow into her brother's side.

Nathan nods sharply, "Yeah."

She blows an amused breath, rolling her eyes. The siblings share a short look and Bucky clears his throat, "I'll give you two a minute, I'll say goodbye to your sister."

She thanks him quietly and waits until he disappears from the room. Nathan is the first to speak. "Marriage Danielle?" he hisses.

She sighs heavily. "I know it's fast-"

"Fast? Last I knew the man didn't come back for you and he left this bullshit letter."

"I thought the letter was nice," she mumbles defensively.