~45~

                                 ~45~

—————————————————————

"ASSHOLES," SHE hisses, her words, barely above a whisper are swept away by the breeze, her only answer the faint revs of cars passing on the road. "Absolute pricks."

She detangles herself from the remnants of the chute, slapping it away briskly, angst running through her. How dare they leave her in the plane. Her teeth hurt from clenching them, cracking her shoulders, still stiff from landing.

Surprisingly, in all her training with HYDRA, parachuting hadn't been involved.

She steps onto the road, hearing the roar of the truck advancing before the turn, hidden behind the trees. She brushes the stray strands of hair behind her ears.

Her throat bobs as two massive trucks come into her line of sight, driving straight towards her. She bounces on the balls of her feet.

Get me to them.

That was her only order to Torres. And he did just that. Truth be told she hadn't thought any farther than finding them.

Her eyes flicker, the back door of the first truck swinging open and closed limply. "Alright Larson," she murmurs, breaking into a sprint. "Pull it together."

Wind rushes in her ears, already beginning a pulsing ache in her head. Her narrowed eyes flicker upwards, spotting Bucky fighting - or getting his ass handed to him - on top of the closest truck and Sam engaged in similar combat on the second.

Her breathing picks up pace, whether it be from her running or nerves, she can't be sure. She lengthens her strides, the door swinging shut. "Come on," she rasps breathlessly.

She reaches her closest arm towards it as it swings open, her fingers latching around the bar as she hails her weight off of the ground, her knees tucked into her chest. She grunts as she's slammed into the back of the vehicle. Her eyes, that she didn't realise had shut, open in time for her to haul herself onto the roof.

She looses a shuddering breath, before swinging her legs over the edge, pulling herself onto her haunches. She tilts her head. "I know he's a prick, but please put him down," she pants, "I've grown rather attached."

With the last two words, ignoring the wide eyed glare of her fiancé, she lunges for the closest man, his bulked frame whipping around to meet her. She ducks beneath his swinging arm, shooting a fist to his kidney. He falters only for a moment, catching her oncoming foot and twisting it sharply.

She cries out, lifting her elbows to shield her head as she's slammed down against the roof. The air leaves her lungs and she gasps.

"They're super soldiers!" Bucky's breathless call carries over to her from his own combat.