~43~

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR READS AND VOTES!!!!
I appreciate all of them! Let me know if you're enjoying it or anything you would like to see, and if you are please vote and comment... Happy reading xxx

                                      ~43~

                                      ~43~

DANIELLE STEPS out of their room. Her eyes glance over to Bucky who is pouring two coffees. "You don't have to come, you know," she assures softly, stepping over and running her hand up his back.

His eyebrows raise slightly and he nods, "I know that. I want to. They already hate me enough as it is."

"They don't hate you."

Bucky sighs, turning to face her with a cocked eyebrow. She dips her head. "Nathan hates you. But give him time. The rest are OK."

He hums disbelievingly, handing her a hot cup. She takes a sip, reverting back to the topic. "I told Faye that I'd go a few weeks ago," she explains.

He squeezes his shoulder as he passes her, reaching for his jacket. "I'll have to leave before the second half," he pauses, his voice darkening, "I told Yori I'd meet him for lunch."

Dani's concerned eyes follow him as he avoids eye contact, shrugging on his navy jacket. She sighs softly, pushing herself onto her feet. She makes her way over to him. "When are you going to tell him?"

He blinks, his brows pulling together as he tugs on his leather gloves. "Soon."

She knows him well enough to hear the pain in his voice, the distant look in his eyes when his memories are becoming a lot for him to handle. She releases a long breath, placing her soft hand on his stubbled cheek. She brushes her thumb back and forth a few times gently until he glances up to her. "I'm proud of you, you know," she tells him softly.

He studies her, his eyes widening fractionally. The words meant more than he'd care to admit.  She presses her lips together. "And Steve would be proud of you too."

She isn't sure how he will react to his best friend's name, they hadn't spoke much about him. She knows how lost he feels without him. Regardless, his eyes flit away for a moment before he dips his head, his forehead resting against hers.

The pair close their eyes for a moment, savouring the silence shared, before Bucky gives her hand a squeeze. "We're gonna be late."

                                       •••

Bucky shifts a little on the bench beside her. He leans forward, slightly across her, his eyes landing on Caterina and Greg. "I think it's great," he says, nodding to the match in front of them. "When I was younger, they didn't let girls play sport, I think it's great, you know, now... that they do."