~20~

I know, lotta updates... i have a load of chapters written this week, i've finished part three and two chapters into part four (civil war :D) soooo happy reading i guess, leave a vote or comment xxx

 i have a load of chapters written this week, i've finished part three and two chapters into part four (civil war :D) soooo happy reading i guess, leave a vote or comment xxx

                                ~20~

————————————————————

SHE PEELS her eyes open, grimacing as her phone buzzes again. She turns over in the bed, her arm swinging lazily across her, grasping the device and raising it to her ear.

"What's up, D?"

"Sam?" She croaks. She runs the back of her hand over her eyes, taking it away to see Bucky prop himself against the wall on the floor. After her parents left, she convinced him she could help by staying in the room with himZ She wouldn't dwell on his nightmares, only wake him. Shorten his suffering. "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

"Oh believe me, I do. See Steve? Nobody in their sane mind gets up this early."

"Steve's there?" She can't help but ask, her eyes briefly flickering to the man on the floor, a distant expression passing across his face.

"Yeah. Why do you think I'm awake. Superman over here insists on keeping fit. Even though, I'm pretty sure that's a natural thing with the serum, I can't imagine that Captain America can ever not-"

"Sam," she states pointedly, pushing herself up against the headboard. He hums.

"Right, yeah. It's a long story, I'm gonna let Steve explain."

She swallows down the guilt that burns at her throat. She runs her fingers through her hair, instinctively straightening.

"Hey, Danielle."

"Hey, Steve. Save anybody in the last 24hours?" She smiles lightly, her voice soft. She's threading lightly, savouring the moments before he realises that she's lied to him.

She hears a breathy chuckle from his side of the line. "Very funny, Dani. How are you doing?"

"I'm OK," she answers honestly, glimpsing Bucky walking out of the room. She sighs inaudibly. "How are you? Any luck with Bucky?"

There's a small pause. "No. No, nothing yet. We've looked, I just," he sighs heavily, another pause before he speaks quietly. "I just need to know he's OK. He shouldn't be alone."

Danielle presses her palm to her face, her brows knitted. Fuck. She inhaled deeply. "He's been through a lot, give him time. He's probably just trying to figure everything out."