~46~

Mature content below ;) i'm sorry about the heavy dialogue, i have a little writer's block recently. please leave a vote if you're enjoying it, or any feedback. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR ALL THE VIEWS!! XXXX

 THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR ALL THE VIEWS!! XXXX

                                ~46~

—————————————————————

ALTHOUGH SHE had become accustomed to the room, it wasn't comfortable. She never finds herself relaxed here.

"Danielle."

Her eyes snap up from her tightly clasped hands, her mind having wandered. Again. "Sorry," she says quietly, a small sigh breathing through her nose.

Doctor Raynor chews at her lip, her expression softening only slightly. "What's on your mind, Danielle?"

Her throat bobs, glancing to the window and back. "When you keep repeating my name it makes me uncomfortable," she responds smoothly.

The older woman shakes her head fractionally. "Are you still having nightmares?"

Dani breathes a heavier sigh this time, lifting her hand to run through her hair. "Not anything bad. I'm fine now."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"Why are you suddenly fine? Because you have James?"

Her cheeks burn slightly, defensiveness settling on her pale face. Raynor chooses to move on quickly before she can reply, "James isn't your life. You can be happy with him and still be healing, hurting. It's not a reflection on your relationship with him."

She blinks, her lashes fluttering as she looks down to her lap. She chews at her lip, nodding slightly. She forces her gaze up. "I know." She rubs her palms over her lap. "I just thought that when I got back to missions, to what I'm good at, it would give me a purpose. I'd feel... better."

"But you don't."

She smiles slightly, not reaching her eyes. "No. I don't."

"Well maybe you need to think about doing something else," she suggests lightly.

Her throat bobs and she runs her fingers through her hair. "I'm not sure I can do what I want to."

"Danielle, you're not going to know unless you try."

•••

Her eyes widen, a deep crease forming between her eyebrows. "Zemo?" she asks incredulously.

Bucky breathes a sigh through his nose, a guilty expression washing over his features. He stands across from her, shrugging off his jacket in the kitchen. He holds up his hands, "I know what you're thinking-"