~55~

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR VIEWS! Your votes really mean a lot to me and your comments honestly make my day. Thank you all for your support x

~55~

————————————————————————

SHE STANDS ON THE STREET IMPATIENTLY, LEANING AGAINST THE BUILDING.

She taps her foot on the pavement, staring ahead absently. He's been in there longer than she had expected. She had offered to go with him, but they both knew that wasn't a good idea. This is something he needed to do on his own.

The door buzzes beside her and she turns, glancing up to Bucky's frame. Her features tighten in concern and he offers a small, sad smile, one that doesn't quite reach his eyes that are shadowed with something distant. She doesn't bother to ask if he's alright.

He can't possibly be.

But he seems a little lighter. There's a weight off of his shoulders. She slips his hand into hers as they walk slowly down the pavement. "How did Yori take it?" she asks softly.

Bucky takes a breath. "He.... was more understanding than he should have been."

She gives his hand a squeeze and doesn't pry any further. Whatever words were shared between Yori and him, that's where they would stay. Bucky said goodbye to his past life and she thinks it should stay in the past. It should stay his. If he wanted to talk about it, he would.

And she would listen.

"You know that I'm here for you," she murmurs carefully.

He blows a small breath. "You've proved that, Doll."

"And that if you want to talk I'm here and I'll listen." He offers her a small, appreciative smile. She tilts her head. "And I'll love you anyway. Like you did for me."

A moment passes and she thinks he won't reply, their footsteps the only sound between them, his head hangs pensively. "I'm not sure I'd be here without you." His voice is low and raspy, vulnerability tainting his voice.

The words strike her in a way it almost physically hurts. Those words, from the man she loves, that confession. She hates it. And it scares her. She stops suddenly, only then do his blue eyes glance up to hers. Her expression tightens, her brows snapping together, mixed between somewhat of a plead and a lecture. "Don't ever say that again," she says solemnly. His throat bobs and he glances away.

She shakes her head, reaching up to pull his chin back to face her. "I love you. You love me. But our happiness and life cannot depend on each other. You are strong with or without me. You would be here. I know you would. Because you never take the easier path and to live is harder than to die. You should be proud of yourself for that."

He hesitates for a moment before leaning in to press a soft kiss to her lips. He pauses before pulling away to murmur in her here. "You're my favourite person, Danielle."

The corners of her mouth tugs upwards and she nips at his earlobe playfully, before pulling him back to a walk.

They go another while in silence until she leans her face up towards his and smiles, "I have an idea."

He raises an eyebrow. "Yeah?" She hums. He frowns a little, "What is it?"

She only grins wider, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "It's a surprise."

He smiles a little at her enthusiasm, she falters for a moment, pausing to meet his eyes. "If you're not up to doing anything - we can do it another day."