~41~

long one, sorry. FATWS is next uppp.... i threw a little cliche in the last chapters, sorry i couldn't help it. Don't worry, i'll try and keep the happiness to a minimum.

                                        ~41~

"Well I came home,
Like a stone,
And I fell heavy into your arms,
These days of dust,
Which we've known,
Will blow away with this new sun."

<'I will wait'> Mumford and Sons.

———————————————————————

HER FOREHEAD creases for a moment, inhaling deeply, feeling familiar lips press against her forehead. Her lips pull upwards into a smile, a low, tired groan rumbling in the back of her throat. She turns her face towards him, her eyes still shut as he kisses down the side of her face, along her jaw.

"Morning, Doll," he greets, his breath warm against her ear, his voice is low and husky from not being used all night.

"Hey, love," she replies eventually, peeling her eyes open to meet his. He leans on the bed, a sweatpants hanging from his hips, his torso bare.

His eyes crinkle, a smile creeping onto his face. "I made breakfast," he announces proudly.

Her eyebrows cock up. "I thought it was the women cooked in the 1940's," she remarks coolly.

He sighs, shaking his head, pushing himself back onto his feet. "Well, I've learned a few things since we last met."

She smirks, pulling the duvet over her as she sits up. She looks up to him, giving him a pointed look. He laughs, delight filling his wide eyes. "Are you serious? After everything we did last night?"

Her cheeks heat slightly, only widening his grin. She reaches down the side of the bed, careful to keep herself covered to grasp her bra.  Her eyes stay locked on his, a death stare on her part as she slips into it. She glances down again only to find none of her clothing there.

"Looking for these?" he teases, pulling a grey laced material from behind his back.

She rolls her eyes and he tosses it to her. She pulls them up hastily. "I need one of your t shirts. You ruined mine last night."

He chuckles. "I did, didn't I?" he hums delightedly, opening a drawer and tossing her a navy v neck.

She grabs it from his hands. "Put on a shirt, James," she scolds, "Have some dignity."

                                     •••

"I need to go back to my sister's, get my stuff," she says idly, slipping her plate into the dishwasher. "I'm gonna go call Sam for a ride."

"We could get a bus," he suggests casually.

She blinks, pausing and turning to face him. "We?"

He glances up from tying his shoes. He hesitates. "As in you and me?"

"No, I understand what the word means... I just didn't expect you to want to come."

He stands up, his posture stiffening slightly. "Sorry if I overstepped-"

"No! No, definitely not..."

"I just thought seeing as I asked you to marry me yesterday and move in with me, it'd be a little rude not to call over."

She can't help the way her lips curl into a lob sided smile. He frowns. "What?"

She laughs slightly. "Nothing," she shakes her head, moving over to place her hands on the side of his face. "You're just cute, that's all."