Epilogue 3 (Bucky)

(Bucky's POV)

12 WEEKS LATER.

I've fought aliens.

I've been a mind controlled.

I've fallen off a train.

I've lost my metal arm.

And I've never been as scared as I am now. Telling my girlfriend's parents she's pregnant. I run my hand through my hair, staring at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I'm certainly old enough to be a dad, no one can dispute that.

But whether I'm fit to be a dad is another thing. It could be argued that an ex assassin is not a fit parent.

Regardless, I have to pull it together, for her. She's more panicked than I am. She has to be. It's her family. What they think matters. It matters to me too, but it'll hurt her more.

I shrug on my jacket, stepping into the living room. "Dani-" I shout, pausing when I see her already at the door. That's a first. I walk over to her, snaking my arms around her and planting a kiss on her forehead. "How are you feeling, Doll?"

She sighs against me before she pulls back. "It's gonna be fine. Totally fine. I'm an adult. I'm allowed to be pregnant. Why do I feel like I'm a teenager going to tell my parents I'm having a baby?"

"Maybe because our sex life is as good as a teenagers," I smirk back, hoping to lighten up the mood.

She cocks an eyebrow. "I didn't have a sex life when I was a teenager."

I bite my lip and she laughs. I love that sound. I love that I can make her laugh. "Let's go."

•••

Should I hold her hand when I walk in?

Maybe I should hold off on the PDA. Although, we are having a baby, they know we've had sex.

I decide on standing as close as possible to her, brushing my shoulder against her, letting her know I'm here. That I'll always be here.

She straightens a little, her fingers resting on the island. She glances around at her family, chewing at her lip. She told them to all come, that she had something to tell them. She had asked both her parents, but apparently for newly divorced couples, being in the same room was ill advised.

I felt bad that her father wasn't here. She needs all the support she can get. She has all of mine - but from her family.

She clears her throat and her siblings and mother look up. She had asked that her siblings came without their partners. I understood that. "So, I'm not really sure how to say this," she smiles sheepishly, not reaching her eyes. She shuffles a little and I decide to finally place my hand on top of hers. "I've been sick recently and I passed out a few weeks ago and Bucky had to take me to hospital."

I see Catherine's hand fly to her mouth. Oh no. Get to the point Dani.

She notices too and carries on. "I had to get a few tests-"

"Danielle, honestly if you're going to tell us you're dying -" David puts his fingers through his hair, "How many times can one person be in life threatening situations?"

"Shut up, Dave," Nathan cuts in, his worried eyes darting back to his sister. "Are you sick? Just tell us, Dani."

"Oh my God."

Suddenly everyone is talking, guessing the worst possible thing, worst illnesses she could have come down with. The chatter only grows and I fell Dani stiffen beside me. I move to tell everyone to shut up - have some respect for her, but she does it herself.