ix. coming back again

THE SELF-WORTH LECTURE AND THE EMERGENCY MEETING

↬•↫

in which will byers reveals his theory as to how their enemy has returned,

and someone makes an unexpected arrival with a piece of information that max mayfield just can't handle

coming back again | the sauna test

〖 i can feel it coming back again, i got a feeling coming back again 〗

i can feel it coming back again, i got a feeling coming back again

↬•↫

tw : ptsd

↬•↫

SUNLIGHT CASCADED over the room lazily, stretching across the expanse of it as Jacob placed a platter of bacon, toast and eggs and a pitcher of orange juice on the D&D table, kicking each of his friends awake, a little harder than he should have when it came to Mike.

"Breakfast, shitheads - sort yourselves out, I gotta go bring up a plate to Holly and Mrs. Wheeler."

"Did you eat?" Mike blinked, rubbing at his eye tiredly, his stare unnervingly alert.

"Obviously."

"Jacob."

"Oh my fucking God, do you need to breathalyse me, asshole?! Just lay off, Mike, Jesus - yes, I ate, I'm not trying to starve myself, put your fucking hackles down."

"Excuse me for being careful." Mike grumbled, standing to his feet with a roll of his eyes.

"Excusal denied." Jacob retorted, balancing the two plates of food in his hands as he turned for the stairs, "I want those plates empty when I come back - and someone call the girls!"

"Yes, Mom."

"Shut up and eat your bacon, Will."

"Thank youuu!"

"Yeah, yeah, fuck off."

Jacob smiled as he trudged through the house and up the stairs, turning to elbow the bedroom door on his right open, "Holly, Holly, Jolly!"

"Oi, oi, oi." The girl replied sleepily, sitting up in her bed and rubbing at her eye tiredly similar to how her brother had only a minute ago, hair like static and a glob of glitter under her eye as she offered him a lethargic smile, "Morning!"

"Morning, lovely - got you some breakfast."

"Green eggs, green eggs!"

"Yeah, good thing there was some food dye left over from the last time I was here, huh?"