xiv. soap

THE 900 REASONS WHY MIKE WHEELER IS AN IDIOT, A RESEARCH PAPER BY MAX MAYFIELD

↬•↫

in which levi pryor and jacob ives' story comes to an unofficial end, a token from the past resurfaces, and the ives twins find themselves stuck in the mind of a possesed teenage boy

soap | e pluribus unum

〖 uh oh, there it goes, i said too much and it overflowed - why do i always spill? 〗

uh oh, there it goes, i said too much and it overflowed - why do i always spill?

↬•↫

unedited

tw : domestic abuse

↬•↫

THE FIRST thing Jacob Ives did when he crossed over the border and into Hawkins, Indiana, again was empty his stomach on the side of the road, hung over the passenger side door of Levi Pryor's car retching the last of the breakfast burritos they had gotten on their way back while the older boy did the same on his side of the vehicle.

Rule One of road safety - fuck not wearing a seatbelt, the 7-11 breakfast menu can be lethal on occasion.

Levi, fortunately, already had all of his belongings wedged into the trunk and was able to procure two travel-sized toothbrushes from his suitcase. They rinsed their mouth out with half a bottle of blue Gatorade once they were done and spat into the shrubbery they had pulled up next to, both grimacing in disgust at themselves as they clambered back into the car.

"I told you that meat didn't look cooked."

"You said it looked weird." Levi grumbled, jamming the keys into the ignition again, "I thought you were talking about the yellow lettuce."

"That was lettuce?!"

"It was at one point."

Jacob shuddered, shrinking back into the passenger seat and waiting for the green in his face to subside. Some welcome home, he thought, nothing like food poisoning to really make you appreciate the wonders of your hometown.

"How do y'all deal with the stench of this place?" Levi groaned, frantically trying to roll his window up as the car trundled along.

"What stench?"

"Don't tell me you can't smell the cow shit scattered over every field we pass."