intermission | three

three | crystal days

↬•↫

the pleasure of pain and joy to clarify our misfit ways, and magnify our crystal days

↬•↫

introducing

silas kele walker

silas kele walker

↬•↫

JACOB SAT in the back of Joyce's car squashed between Mike and Max, who was squashed between him and El, while Will enjoyed the luxury of the passenger seat. The rest of their friends had opted to ride in the pizza van that Jonathan was borrowing for the day, which Jacob was secretly grateful for because it meant that Jordan and the older teenagers had to use the van too.

He wasn't ready to face his brother just yet after what had happened that morning. He was still working up the courage to apologise - rare for him when he genuinely felt wronged, but he knew his brother had really meant no harm, and he had said some unfair things out of anger himself.

But it was Christmas, as Nancy had exasperatedly told him earlier that day as they trundled along the streets in the overcrowded bus on the way to the damp and moulding academy he had spent a portion of his morning in while his friends enjoyed ice-skating in the park. But that was a story for another time.

They were currently on their way to do some last minute gift-shopping before attending the 'Eve of Christmas Eve' tree lighting in the main square, where the others were already waiting due to their impatience with the local mall.

"How much longer are we gonna be stuck in this traffic?" Will whined, changing the station on the radio to some new rock song and waving off El's complaints about him turning off the Christmas songs.