vii. school days

THE SPRING BREAKERS

↬•↫

in which spring break hits the ground running, a strange disturbance at the munson trailer promises challenges old and new, and jordan hopper and mike wheeler head off for sunny california where more trouble awaits

school days | the hellfire club

〖 school days, school days - i'm startin' to slip, i'm losin' my mind 〗

school days, school days - i'm startin' to slip, i'm losin' my mind

↬•↫

"IT'S BULLSHIT."

"We're going."

"But it's bullshit."

"But we're going."

"But-"

"Nope. We're going."

"Why?" Mike groaned, begrudgingly picking up the pace of his cycling to keep up with his boyfriend as they neared the school.

"One, because it's mandatory - two, because we want to. We wanna support Lucas and Mindy, don't we?" Jacob said sweetly, turning to look at him with narrowed eyes when he didn't answer. "Don't we, Michael?"

"Yeah, I guess." Mike grumbled, his expression becoming more and more visibly pained as the school came into view. "Jay, please, let's just ditch - we can just keep going and spend the next six hours in the arcade, I have to finish packing for Cali anyway-"

"Michael."

"God, alright, we'll go!"

"Go where?" Dustin joined in without missing a beat, cycling between them on the way to the bike racks at the front of the building.

"To the bullshit pep rally." Mike huffed, pulling his bike to a stop and wheeling it between the poles.

"Dude, Coach is gonna be on our ass if we don't show anyway - remember last time, when he went around with a list of everyone that didn't show up at assembly but came to Homeroom?" Dustin reasoned, doing the same with his own bike before seeming to realise something, looking between them curiously, "Wait a minute, if you guys were riding today why didn't we all go together?"

They both paused, and he could see Mike opening and closing his mouth like an air-stricken fish, clearly trying to work out a cover story for Jacob coaxing him out of the house an hour earlier than planned by making out with him in the basement for the majority of the morning.