ix. town called malice

THE BIRTH OF KIMBERLY MOORE

↬•↫

in which the era of peace for five young boys is shattered by the arrival of an extraterrestrial amphibian and the crumbling of a treasured friendship

town called malice | the pollywog

〖 better stop dreamin' of the quiet life, 'cause it's one we'll never know 〗

better stop dreamin' of the quiet life, 'cause it's one we'll never know

↬•↫

tw : brief mentions of self-harm and domestic violence

↬•↫

"OH, FOR - try locking the door the next time you guys are attempting to impregnate each other down here, Jesus Christ-"

The two boys leapt away from each other with wide eyes, Mike's alarm causing him to go tumbling off the edge of the couch and hit his head on the corner of the D&D table with a pained yelp. "Ow, fuck!"

"SHIT!" Caleb let out a strangled yell, falling to his knees next to him and running his fingers over the boy's scalp to feel for any injuries. "Mike, are you okay?!"

"Fucking idiots." Jordan Davis rolled his eyes at the two, letting out an exasperated sigh as he staggered down the basement steps, donned in a shitty attempt at a greaser outfit that didn't differ from his own style at all. "I just came by to get Will's backpack, he left it here earlier and I was heading over to Mack's anyway, so... I'll just be on my merry way, uh... enjoy yourselves? Wait no, don't do that. That's - that's not legal, you're like ten or something. I'm sorry - I'm like, really fucking drunk right now."

Jordan shook his head to himself, grumbling under his breath about his own stupidity as Mike batted Caleb's hands away from the growing lump on the back of his head, scrambling up from the floor frantically. "Jordan, wait! It's not what it-"

"I'm not going to tell anyone, you insufferable moron. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a bit of a Queen man myself." The young man scoffed, plucking a scuffed schoolbag from the floor and hooking it over his shoulder as he retreated towards the basement stairs. "I gotta go - have fun with... that."

Mike frowned, wondering if his reference to the 70s rock band was supposed to ease his mind or not, while Caleb just barked out a laugh, understanding Jordan's comment completely.

Maybe a bit too much.

"I think you mean Elton John, but whatever you're into." Caleb grinned, not as unsettled in the boy's presence now that he had known him for a little under a year. "See you later, Jordan."