xv. astronaut

THE FLUIDITY OF THE HUMAN MIND AND ALL OF ITS BANEFUL CONSEQUENCES

↬•↫

in which caleb moore is completely and unequivocally fine - or at least, is getting better at pretending to be

astronaut | the upside down

〖 can anybody hear me or am i talking to myself? my mind is running empty in the search for someone else 〗

can anybody hear me or am i talking to myself? my mind is running empty in the search for someone else

↬•↫

tw : self-starving / mentality of anorexia nervosa, brief mention of self-harm

↬•↫

CALEB GASPED as he lifted a sparkling parcel from the carpeted floor beneath the Wheelers' Christmas tree, the rough pink covering running across his fingers feeling like sandpaper as he shook it lightly, an awed expression on his face. "And what's this? A present for Holly? From me?!"

Holly clapped her hands excitedly and let out a joyful yell, standing on her tiptoes and reaching out for the gift with a greedy smile. Her bottom lip jutted out defiantly when the boy raised it high over his head, stretching his torso as his knees dug even further into the floor.

"Say please." Caleb cooed, a playful smirk tugging at his lips.

"Ay-lub!" Holly whined, stomping her foot angrily, blonde hairs flying around her shoulders at the disturbance her juvenile actions caused.

"Alright, alright." Caleb relented, much easier than he usually would have. He had been strangely more caring with the young girl the past few weeks. "But this is the only one you're opening tonight, the rest are from your mom and dad, alright? And you'll have hundreds from Santa when you wake up in the morning!"

Holly rolled her eyes as if she had heard the words a hundred times and was already sick of them, ripping the package in her hands open and shrieking in glee, shaking its contents out onto the carpeted floor beneath her. "Fairy, fairy!"

"Holly, don't call him that! Where did you learn that word?" Nancy gasped as she strolled by them with a Christmas mug in hand, halting her movements to stare at the small child in horror.

"I... I got her a wand, Nance." Caleb pursed his lips at her as the jovial toddler waved the sparkling fairy wand around happily, staring the young woman right in the eye even when Holly accidentally whacked him in the face with the magical-themed gift once or twice.