xv. monsters

THE ART OF MAKING FRIENDS

↬•↫

in which jacob ives vows vengeance for the hundredth time, and, a long time ago, dustin henderson is welcomed to the party

monsters | the bite

〖 your heart beats like a drum, the chase has just begun 〗

your heart beats like a drum, the chase has just begun

↬•↫

NANCY WASTED no time in instructing everyone to prepare, to barricade the entrances and stock up on whatever weapons they could find while she and Jonathan hurried outside to find some armaments of their own.

Jacob left his sister with the others as they all began moving frantically around the room, marching outside to find Nancy standing in the dim light of the shed cocking a shotgun. He could hear the axe for the firewood being unsheated from the trunk a few yards away as he approached her.

Nancy turned just as he reached her, opening her mouth to question why he was not inside with the others when the barrel of her shotgun was suddenly grabbed and pointed downward.

"That's not going to help!"

"What else do you want me to do?! The Mind Flayer is coming after you, you should be inside!"

"You should be at Brimborn saving Jordan!"

"Not a chance! That thing is coming after you and El because He knows that you two are able to stop Him, and-"

"Then we'll deal with it! You need to get to Jordan!"

"It's too late now! He's coming, the best we can do is try defend ourselves."

"Fucking hell, Nance-"

"Do you wanna waste time arguing or do you wanna protect the people in that cabin?"

Jacob stopped, glared at her for a few moments, then reached behind her to grab the rake and promptly broke the head off of it over his knee so that he was left with a crooked stake, and stepped away, "It won't be enough to protect them if we lose someone else in the process."

Nancy heaved a sigh as she watched the boy go, then fixed the shotgun under her arm and reluctantly followed him back inside.

Why am I always the one that has to deal with his authoritative issues?

"Because you're the one doing everything wrong!"