xvii. ilomilo

THE REDEMPTION OF THE NEGATIVE FATHER COMPLEX

↬•↫

in which the party is seperated once again, and jacob ives gets to say goodbye for once

ilomilo | the battle of starcourt

〖 i don't wanna be lonely, so tell me you'll come home - even if it's just a lie 〗

i don't wanna be lonely, so tell me you'll come home - even if it's just a lie

↬•↫

cw : pain - everything i was gonna put in jacob's own version of 'the letter' was kinda incorporated into this instead so yeah :D

sorry it took so long, i couldn't shorten it without fucking up the layout of the next few chapters so it's like 13,000 words😭

unedited asf sorryyy

↬•↫

"THE MIND Flayer, he created this monster to stop the twins - to kill them, so He could pave a way into our world."

"And He almost did - that thing El took out of her leg was just one tiny piece of it."

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asked worriedly, pulling the young boy leaned against his side closer on instinct. Jacob rested his head against his shoulder in return, eyes stuck on the tiled floor while he held a cloth filled with ice to his sister's temple as she lay with her head in his lap and her legs rested in Joyce's.

"It's pretty big." Jonathan replied, helping his girlfriend tighten a bandage around a wound on Mack's bicep where she had cut her arm while running from the soldiers, "About thirty feet, at least."

"Yeah, it sort of destroyed your cabin." Lucas grimaced, "Sorry."

"He smashed your mug." Jacob mumbled, uttering the first words he had spoken in a half hour with a quiet sniffle, "Broke it in a million pieces."

Hopper whispered a soft reassurance to him, pressing a chaste kiss to his forehead and frowning at his unusually shaken demeanour, "You sure you're okay, bub?"

Jacob shook his head, eyes still on the floor, but said nothing else.

"Okay, so - just to be clear - this big fleshy spider thing that hurt the twins - it's like, some kind of gigantic weapon?" Steve wondered aloud, words still slightly slurred from the drug in his system.