chapter 16

"Babe" was the first words she uttered as she answered the phone, i felt like I've been neglecting her lately, letting her go through this alone but it had been an exhausted couple of weeks, with the whole wedding issue and moving in with Shaka plus settling in, he even gave me a platform to look for a house i like so we can move on a proper home , my mind couldn't help but wonder, how much did this men earn if i can say that.

"Hey baby how you holding up" i ask her knowing it hasn't been great couple of weeks, the sigh from her tells me she isn't okay at all.

"Can you come today i just i don't think i can be alone " she says , i nod like she can see me before agreeing out loudly. After making sure everything is in place i lock up the house, Shaka woke up early today and left , when early i mean around 2 oclock in the morning, we came back from KZN about a week ago, and yes Shaka hadn't touched me in any way, i know his late night business clearly means something illegal and am not going to wreck my brain on overthinking that knowing exactly the answer, I've decided that for my peace i will stay away from his business, on other news we had finally signed at the  and i was officially Mrs Maphumulo legally ,finally i arrive at my previous home that i was vacating for 3 years, the door is wide open so i don't knock but enter, Noni is plastered on the couch sleeping there, the TV is playing.

"Hey babe" i smile at her sitting on the couch, she smiles equally back, her eyes tell me how much she is carrying the weight of the world on them, the smile seems forced.

"Hey how are you" she says sitting up, i open my arms for her as we hug, she had been carrying me now it was my time, her arms tighten around me as she lets out a sob crying, i bite my lower lip knowing i have to be strong for her, i rub her back up and down as she cries her shoulders moving up and down , eventually she calms down pulling away, the are eyebags under her eyes, her once beautiful spotless face is gone.

"Am sorry" she apologizes i don't know why but it takes a moment for my brain to wrap up on one idea , i cover my mouth praying its not what i think it is.

"Noni tell me you didn't " i say she looks at her long nails ,playing with the artificial nails ,am not angry infact, am just dissappointed at her."i  told you I'll be here Noni i told you will figure this out together why would you do this" i say she sighs at me.

"I had to Lee, i had to do it i wasn't ready to become a mother am not meant to be a mother plus Sanele said that he took the decision of divorcing his wife they haven't been happy in a long time they were doing it for the kids and he told me he wasn't ready for another child considering the current situation " i slap my hand onto my face immediately.

"Don't you see he is manipulating you, the is no divorce" i say she rolls her eyes immediately at me.

"No he isn't, i know when he is genuine and when he is faking it, am not gulable as you think he even looked broken when they performed the abortion " she says , regardless of my opinion in this i know she wouldn't listen , she is stubborn much.

"How do YOU feel" i asked emphasizing the YOU she closed her eyes immediately as a tear roll down she quickly catches it.

"I had to watch them taking my baby away from me, even though it was just blood cloth i had watched everything Lee and it was hard but it's best, it had to be done , am not mother material, i wasn't ready to became a mother yet and i didn't have means to take care of the baby, i didn't want my baby suffering just like me" she says , its done it's not something i can be angry at , i keep my own opinion to myself, i nod at her.

"It's going to be okay i promise I'll always be here for you" i say instead not letting her feel more horrible than she does now, had i been in her situation i don't know what i would have done but i know am a coward myself.
**********
4 hours later and after 2 greasy food we had i had to go back because the man was blowing up my phone, no surprise there i couldn't even leave the house for 2 hours without him blowing up my phone, when i got home i found his impatient self tapping his foot on the ground, i was carrying take aways, oh yeah now i was carrying his card apparently i had to take care of the house like a good wife and see what it needs.

"Where have you been" he snapped i shook my head i wasn't in the mood , my hand held my waist he ran his hand over his bald head. "Am sorry am just having a horrible day where were you" this time he said softer yet stern, he was like a pregnant women , sometimes moody, sometimes happy.

"I didn't get the condition whereby if i enter this marriage it means it means i can't have a social life" i said folding my arms, this was just hilarious at how big and tall he was , i was like a child sulking for candy.

"What if something happened to you, do you get how today of all days you would leave today wasn't exactly ideal day" he snaps again before storming off leaving me in the same position, i don't like being told what to do and not his words either.