chapter 41

"What are you doing Ntokazi" the very first words he utters when seeing me standing on the counter, i look at him wiping my tears that rolled down my eyes, he is wearing only his sweatpants now smelling and looking fresh.

"You know i sat here for the past 10 minutes thinking about everything, i have two option here, me or you and i choose myself, I've been in this world before and i had to rely on myself to survive, am choosing myself in this" i said shakingly pointing the gun at him.

"Listen to me Ntokazi, i dare you , i dare you to shoot me am going to hurt you in a very way that will make you regret yourself ever being born when i come back, better make sure you kill me" he said through gritted teeth, i chuckled bitterly.

"That's the reason why i have to choose myself, i regret ever ,i mean ever agreeing to your marriage proposal" i say now half shouting at him.

"You not a murder , one gun going off the neighbours are calling the police " he says taking slow steps toward me to ambush md but i wouldn't allow that.

"That's the thing i don't care I've already called everyone i cared about to say goodbye to them" i say before i gun goes off, my ears ring from the sound i don't stop, i shoot until the gun stops indicating the is no more bullets, i open my eyes coming face to face with him laying in his pool of blood, his whole body covered with bullet holes even between his eyes, a sob escapes my mouth as i fall down holding his body to make sure he was dead ,the gun layed between the both of us, reality dawn on me, i had killed him ,i killed the man laying in his pool of blood, three bullets in his chest one in his neck and the other between his eyes, with shaking hands i stood up, i walked to the counter grabbing my cellphone it had 30 missed calls, i tried wiping my tears staining myself with his blood, i dialed the number before pushing it over my ear.

"Welcome to hillbrow South African police service how can i help you" the man said over the phone , i wiped the tears that kept falling off my eyes.

"I'll like to report a murder " i said looking at his body laying there, the whole kitchen was now filled with blood, i didn't regret it not even a little bit, the was one before me and even if i managed to escape the would be one after me, i was ending this circle of misery he had put all of us in. "I killed a man" i finally said before they asked my address i gave them that before dropping on the floor sobbing, the door burst opened and Gatsha with an unknown man stood there horror written on his face ,i was assuming it was his boss.

"I did it ,i free myself, i free all those women who were bound by him" i said smiling at him "you thought i wanted to take my life, I've been through far worse than this i wouldn't take my life now not ever am a coward but not like that" i said smiling at him.

"Liyana what have you done" his eyes widen at the horror in front of my eyes, i couldn't answer him because the people had i been waiting were making noise outside, i was covered in blood. They burst through the broken door themselves , gatsha ran his hand over his head.

"Don't say anything Liyan" he said i lookedat my brother knowing it was the last time, i was finally free from this man but now i was binding myself to another, it wasn't better than him but to me it was, how many more women had to go through what i had been through probably and more , how many were going to bare with this man who gives you sob stories so you blame yourself for what he does, my heart was free because that women who is spending time away from her daughter would finally be free, and finally i knew that my daughter gotten her revenge, i had decided it was a she, the child i never got to hold , Inyoni, i was naming her that, everything, every sacrifice i made ends here, call me stupid or anything i don't care at this moment.