chapter 38

"You look beautiful " he said smiling at me , i felt a shiver seeing him standing right besides me, he held out his hand for me to hold, it was surreal that i could see him , so handsome , not a tint of the last mwmory i had of him, i buried it at the back of my head.

"Bandile..." i whispered as tears stained my cheeks ,i seemed to be doing that a lot these days , i walked to where he was but stopped midway, the blood filled his face from the hole in his forehead, his face in a minute was bloody.

"You killed me " he shouted lounging towards me,his shouting made me immobile from the shock, i didn't recognize the Bandile standing in front of me , he wrapped his hand on my throat cutting off my windpipe i struggled breathing fighting him off.

Am sorry" i said as the tears rolled down, i whispered the words coming out raspy seeing his hands on my throat "i didn't mean to please forgive me" i repeated

"you killed me" the only words he uttered as i felt myself getting unconscious, the range on his eyes told me he will kill me, the once charming face of his was gone.

"Am sorry, am sorry i let him do this to you" my whole body was shaking, i blinked once before letting my eyelashes meet.

"Aunty...Aunt Liya, Aunt Liyana" someone violently shaking me making me gasp as i open my eyes sitting up, breathing heavily, the tears on my cheeks reminded me of the nightmare, the same nightmare i had the past three weeks. "You were having a nightmare apologising " Muzi said looking down at me, i looked around the room before holding my heart it was still beating but beating faster than normal, he stood up to pour me water before handing me , i drank the water.

"Thank you" i said to him he nodded his head at me acknowledging my gratitude towards him.

"Am sorry for badging in the room and invading your privacy it's just that i heard you screaming all the way from the kitchen" he says standing up in intend to leave ,after he said that he leaves me sitting there he turns looking at me.

"It started slowly but it ended the same way with uMa too ,the nightmares, she hardly slept at night anymore and the falling off shower walls am not suprised by them" he said before walking away, i held my cheek remembering the previous day, my body is all in pain , yesterday the news of me going back to school graced his ears since now he controlled my tabs, the past few weeks had been nothing horror and pain, things got worse and better in the past 3 weeks , the beatings got worse , the smallest mistakes i now did became a problem in his eyes, they were deserving of a slap on my cheeks, my cheeks had gotten used to being graced by slaps, my body numbed the pain of his beatings, i felt deserving of them to numb my pain, excluding the nights i stayed awake too, a minute of closing my eyes all i see is Bandile gracing my sleep, i still see his face as i bury him. Wincing i stood up from my bed i was alone in the room am assuming he went to get the kids since Muzi was here , they were visiting during the holidays. I walked to the bathroom to take a shower when i was done i pulled myself together before walking to the bedroom, i put on appropriate dressing and some make up to hide the red cheeks , i found Muzi sitting on the bar chairs busy on his phone while nibbling on the chips he put in front of him.

"Baba said your food is in the microwave, he'll return after 2 hours , him and Sthandile went out " he says raising his head to look at me before focusing on his phone after the words.

"Ngiyabonga" i thank him before walking to my food grabbing it, he made a full English breakfast, my stomach complained from hunger, silence filled us as i looked at my meal for a minute.

"Do you know where Rebecca is" i finally uttered turning to look at him ,he raised his head to look at me shaking his head.

"Not exactly but Sthandile knows i can get the address from her if you want " he says , i nod my head greatful, i needed her, i needed answers from her.

"Yeah i would really appreciate that very much" i said grabbing my food in attempt to walk away from him, things were getting intense under his gaze ,how does a 15 year old hold so much aura in him.

"Aunt Liya" he finally said after clearing his throat putting the chips back onto the plastic. "When i came into the room you were apologising can i ask to who" he asked giving me the knowing look, he was suspecting his father.

"The has been a lot happening in my life recently, things that are tough for me to move past but i don't remember the nightmare " i lie through my teeth but he gives me that look that tells me he knows am lying ,he stood up walking around returning with a pen and paper writing whatever down.

"Sthandile texted me this" he says handing me a paper written the address i glance at the paper knowing i would get into more trouble for this but my curiosity didn't allow me to put this down, i felt deserving of the whole truth not what my husband was letting out of his mouth.