chapter 42

"Mrs Maphumulo" the officer says settling opposite me, i make myself comfortable after adjusting his trousers, he pushes the book on the table. "Tell me what exactly happened" he asked.

"My husband gotten home after a day out with his children we talked and he went to take a shower i took a gun and when he came back i shot him and called the police before my brother came"i say he nods his head at me looking at his book as he writes down.

"Did they help you or took part in the murder"he asked i shook my head at him immediately after he uttered those words.

"No after the phone call i did he assumed i was going to commit a suicide " i answer him he nods his head.

"Why would he think that" he asked i took a deep a breath at that ,i didn't want my brother going down for something he didn't do and i would hate myself.

"Because i was saying goodbye to him "i said he chuckled at that shaking his head.

"You think am playing " he said i shook my head at him.

"Why would i think you joking, do you think i would turn myself in as a joke"i asked " my brother came because he was assuming I'll commit suicide because of the way i was talking not realising i was planning to murder my husband and that was my way of saying goodbye because i knew I'll go to jail" i said he nodded him head.

"Why ,i mean why would you do that it seems like a normal day before the accident and i wouldn't say for inheritance or insurance because you turned yourself in and will spend long time in prison" he said.

"The is nothing normal living with Shaka Maphumulo, the is nothing normal in anticipating when you will die ,what i did was choose myself ,i had two options it was either me or him" i say.

"Did he somehow threatened you" he asked .

"He didn't threathen me because he lived up to his promises, he was abusive ,controlling and that's not even half of the things that are worse I've witnessed him committing murder twice" i say.

"But you never reported him" he says before the door swings opened, a women i don't recognize walks inside the room, she is wearing a suit.

"Detective i believe you harassing my client" she says before the detective stood up from his initial position.

"I believe i have gathered enough than i want I'll cone back if i need anything " he says before walking away leaving me with the women in front of me , she smiles sweetly at me settling opposite me.

"My name is Nthabiseng Mashile, your brother called me and told me what happened i promise I'll work my best to get you out of this place" she says i shook my head.

"My husband was a taxi owner, his death effects more than i can count people if i get out of this place am dead he had trusted man " i said knowing exactly that what i was saying was the truth "am fine here"i say she sighs.

"No one can do that if they do the police will help you" she says i scoff immediately at that, but don't dare say anything otherwise i listen as she goes on and on about the case my mind kept going back to everything, the hard truth how i murdered someone on cold blood, i shivered seeing his blood on me that i was still covered in, am a murder, i didn't regret killing him but that either never made it easier either, i had changed a lot throughout the years, i had now hardly able to recognize myself in the mirror. My mouth can still taste the vomiting i had done ealier because of my stomach being in knots.

"I promise will win this case you going to get justice you deserve ,yes it will be hard but not impossible the law in this day and age doesn't play when it comes to domestic violence"she said smiling at me holding tightly my hand she squeezed it, my life kept going in circles it wasn't going anywhere forward i must have had done something in the past to be cursed this way.