20--i promised to keep a promise😔--♦

Young Vincent always enjoyed playing with his cat. At that time, he was very shy and didn't have friends. He'd only depend on his older brother and his cat to cure his boredom. Sam, was the name of the cat. Very simple but cute. He was very playful and caring. He was like another brother to Vincent. Sam wasn't allowed outside though for Vincent feared something bad would happen to him. However, one day, his father made a mistake leaving the back door open and little Sam went outside to explore. Two days passed and there was no sign of him. Vincent would burst into a fit of tears each time he came back home having no clue of where his cat could be after searching the neighborhood. There was one place he hadn't searched though and that was the yard next to his. He wasn't supposed to go over there no matter what but Vincent being desperate to find his cat went over there when everyone was busy doing their work. 

When he went to the backyard he saw a boy he never saw before. His hair was long and black and his skin was deathly pale. That was not what caught Vincent's attention though. It was the lifeless look in his cat's eyes.

His dead cat.

It's intestines and other unknown stuff to Vincent were sprawled out on the ground and blood surrounded it. The sight was horrendous to the point Vincent couldn't even scream. He could only stand there, motionless. The unknown boy noticed Vincent and looked at him, curiously. 

"Oh? Did you came to play?" He asked curiously. He held up the cat by its neck and more organs slipped out of it. "We can play with this."

Vincent, beyond traumatized took a shaky step back. Another step then another step and he went sprinting out of the yard. He ran into in house and went straight into his brother's room.  Brandon, who had his headphones over his head, studying, was surprised when his little brother burst into his room. He immediately took off his headphones and placed then onto his study desk. "What is it, Vincent?" 

Vincent buried his face into his brother's shirt and gripped it tightly. "Vincent?" His brother called him again. "S-Sam's. . .sam's," he couldn't even complete his sentence. His throat burned too much. "Vincent look at me." His brother held both sides of his head and tilted it up so that he could see Vincent's face. Tears flowed down his face like a waterfall. "What happened?"

"Sam's d-dead n-next door." Brandon's eyes widened. "Did you went over there?!"

Vincent nodded his head. His brother ran a hand through his head. "Don't let mom or dad know about this ok?" Vincent nodded again. He wasn't planning to tell his parents about this in the first place. "You look terrified, did something else happened?" 

He swallowed the lump that got stuck in his throat. "There was a b-boy next door too and he. . .he" Vincent burst into tears again. "He was playing with the insides of Sam's dead body."

Just as he went over the images in his head, the urge to vomit came. He cupped his mouth and made a 'blurgh' sound. Brandon took the hint and quickly led Vincent into the bathroom. After Vincent was finished he started crying again. His brother decided to leave the scolding for later and gave him all the comfort he needed. 

A week passed and next door had moved out. Even so Vincent never dared to go over there again.

Present Time

My mouth hung open when Vincent finished his story. So you're telling me the time when I saw August in the garden. I looked over to the place where I had saw him with the animal. He was playing with the squirrel's insides? I blinked once, then twice. Well damn.

"So Y/n please. . ." Vincent pulled me into a hug. ". . .don't hang with him again. There's something very strange and dangerous about him that I can't take my mind off. He moved back into the house but without his parents. Who knows what he could be doing in there."

I remained still in his arms. Should a start staying away now? I've finally know about the reason why Vincent seemed so frightened of him. But I'm August friend now. . .I can't just leave him like that. He doesn't even have any other friends. I bit my lips. What should I do? What should I do? What should I-

"Y/n you promised me, right? You promised." his hug tightened. I closed my eyes and sighed. I guess I have no choice. "I'll start staying away starting from now on." I could feel him relax from my answer he had been awaiting. He released me and cupped my face. He stared in my eyes then it slowly went down to my lips. Um I don't like where this is going.

"Vincent?" I tried getting him to his senses but he started bringing our faces closer. What da hellll? I harshly pushed him away and he seemed to have knocked out of his daze. His eyes widened. "Y-Y/n, I didn't mean that I-"

"Yeah, yeah," I fanned my hand at him. "No big deal, it happens," I said, recalling how many times my personal space have been invaded. "Anyways it's getting late. I gotta go home."

"Oh ok." 

We walked together in silence until it was time to split up. I waved him goodbye and walked to the school gates. So I'll have to start ignoring August now huh? I frowned. And I had just became his friend. He wouldn't mind though, right? After all he had been doing quite fine before I came into his life. So no needs to worry Y/n. He'll be fine.