11--i have very unusual neighbours🧐--◆

Saturday. Dinner's about to start and that's something I'm dreading. Family and friends dinners are always awkward for me.

I didn't wear anything fancy. Just stuck to casualty but aunt was something completely different. Heavy makeup, huge earrings, necklace of huge beads, big expensive bracelets, pink painted fingernails, glittering pink dress that fell to her knees, matching pink heels. Even her hair was done fancily.

"Uhhh, aunty, are all those really necessary?" I said as I stepped into the kitchen to help her set the foods and drinks on the table.

She turned to me and her eyes immediately landed on my clothes. "Is that what you're wearing?"

I looked down at my clothes. I was wearing a plain white t-shirt and green baggy pants. I looked back up at Aunt and shrugged. "Nothing's wrong with it, it's still clothes."

Aunt shook her head. "Come come, we're going back upstairs to get you something better. I'll do your hair too."

My memories immediately came back of aunt decorating my hair with all kinds of bows she could find. Then Mickey teasing me then everyone at the table laughing.

"No thanks, I'll change myself," I said and quickly went upstairs. I was not gonna let a repeat of what happened before.

I made it to my closet and pulled out a white jeans and sky blue blouse with frills. I guess this would be the best clothes I have that would be presentable for a dinner.

As I was changing into the new clothes, something caught my eye. I turned my head to the window nearest to my bed and caught a glimpse of someone in the next house. Probably they were passing by or something so I stepped away from the window just to be safe and continued pulling the blouse over my head.

◆~~~~~~◆

As I had said before, dinners were awkward but this one was not the silent awkward just the awkward of not having nothing much to say. Aunty and my gym teacher were having quite the conversation. Mr Brown would join when he could and my uncle was in his own little spot enjoying his food and listening to the conversation. He wasn't the type of person that talked much so it's quite understandable.

Sometimes Aunty would try to pull Mickey and I into the conversation but we as teenagers didn't find anything what they were saying interesting so we would just hum as if we were interested which clearly showed that we were not on our faces.

Soon uncle and Mr Brown fully joined the conversation and I could see my gym teacher get flustered up whenever Mr Brown was talking directly to her. Oh my god, I cringed every time she blushed.

I finally excused myself after saying I wasn't feeling well and was relieved that aunty let me off. I took up my plate and placed it into the kitchen before heading upstairs. As I did so I saw Mickey following after me.

When we reached upstairs I spoke, "So you escaped too huh?"

He didn't reply.

"Watcha going to do now?"

"Play video games."

"Can I play too?"

What I got was no answer but a door slammed into my face. Le gasps. How dare he!

"Well fu*k you too!" I yelled at the door. No reply.

That fu*king cold bastard. Why can't he just let us get along. My shoulders shagged as I made my way to my room. I took up my phone from the night stand to check the time.

6:46

My eyes shifted to my window I was standing next to and saw someone through the window of the other house, scrolling through their phone. They then faced their phone camera to me as I was still looking at them and I swear I saw a frightened look crossed their face. Their phone even slipped from their hands and they were quick to pull the curtains in so I couldn't see them anymore.