38--im glad he's comfortable with me--

School ended and Mickey and I waited on the bus in silence. A russet haired made his way next to me, sending me a small smile as a greeting.

"Nickyyy!" I exclaimed, throwing my arm around his shoulder. "How are ya?"

"I'm good," he quietly replied. I smiled in satisfaction. I'm glad he's comfortable around me now.

"I'm not going home right now," He said.

"Why?" I enquired.

"My mother's birthday is coming up. I'm not sure of what to get her so I'll visit stores to find something she'd like."

"Can I join you?" I excitedly asked.

"Sure."

I pulled out my phone to message Aunty that I would be coming home late. See replied back with an 'ok dear, be safe.'

The bus arrived and we entered. After we took a seat, I decided to ask Nicolas what his mother likes.

"She likes jewellery, makeup and dresses," Nicolas answered.

I placed my chin between my fingers. I think I've heard Aunty spoke about a jewellery store around here. Just then a familiar name caught my eyes. I yelled at the driver to stop the bus and grabbed Nicolas' hand, leaving Mickey to continue his way home alone.

When we were outside, I dragged Nicolas down the sidewalk, where I had seen the jewellery store Aunty was talking about. I pushed the door to enter the store. Releasing Nicolas' hand I ran over to a necklace and picked it up. I held the necklace up to show him.

"What about this? My Aunt bought this same necklace design and was obsessed with it."

Nicolas shook his head. "That's too small."

I raised an eyebrow. Too small? He went over to a necklace that seemed heavy around the neck.

"She likes these designs more."

"How does she wear those without making her neck get tired?" I questioned.

Nicolas shrugged, laughing a bit.

"Ahh what do we have here? Buying a gift for your girlfriend?"

A tall man with gelled black hair wearing his work suit came to us.

Nicolas blushed and dropped his gaze to the floor. I held up my hands, shaking them and laughed. "Nah, I'm not his girlfriend. We're here to buy a gift for his mother."

The man raised an eyebrow, placing his chin between his fingers. He came closer to me and whispered, "You see, I can tell when someone's deeply in love."

Eh?

Nicolas grabbed my wrist and quickly pulled me out of the store.

"Let's go somewhere else," he said.

"What about the necklace?" I asked.

"I'll get something different."

We walked for a while before our eyes caught a dress fitted on a mannequin, standing behind glass windows. We entered the store and a fresh scent of lavender lingered in the air.

Looking around, I saw many different types of dresses. We were greeted by the lady at the counter.

"Welcome, would you like any help with finding anything?"

I told her about the dress we saw at the window. She stared at me for a while. I was about to ask if something was wrong with my face but she got up from around the counter. I lead her to the dress we liked.