17--i'm curious i'm really curious🤔--♦

"Ok class, you'll be paired up to complete the assignments." Groans filled the class. "If you have found a partner please have a seat beside of them." To be honest I find group works better than doing it by yourself. You can always rely on that one smart kid. Sadly that person who I'd pair up with didn't share the same history class. I looked around for anyone that I thought I could get along with. I glanced at a black haired dude who seemed completely uninterested. Continued my search until my eyes landed on a brunette a few seats away with me. I took up my bag, ready to go take the empty seat next to her when a random person decides to sit in the empty chair beside mine. I looked at him weirdly. It was the same black haired dude. His hair was long, covering most of his face not giving me the opportunity to see what he looks like.

"Uhh I already found someone to pair with. You'd have to find someone else."

"She's taken."

I looked over at the empty seat that was now being occupied by another girl. Oh man... and that girl seemed smart too. I looked back at the shaggy hair boy. "I'm finding another person then-"

"Ok seems like everyone is in pairs now. Y/n please sit back in your seat so I can explain the assignment properly."

What-

I looked around and indeed everyone was already seated with their partners, staring at me.

"Y/n, please take your-"

"Oh sorry, I didn't realized that everyone was paired."

That left me no choice than to partner with this dude seated next to me. I sat back down in my original seat. If only I had been a bit more faster I'd be able to get to the girl first. Will I have to do alot of work now? I looked at the boy who had his head hung down. Is he sleeping? I sighed. Maybe I can get him to do most of it.

He raised his head. "I won't. We'll be doing the work equally."

The fu*k? Is he reading minds now?

"I'm not reading your mind either. I could tell your motives by the way you were looking around the class, trying to find a person that seemed compatible for completing most of the work."

Yeah.... Sure.... Definitely not reading my mind...

"We're using the library. Got it?" I said sternly.

"I wasn't planning to visit your house anyways. "

My mouth hung open. He's definitely reading minds.

•~~~~~~•

"Why does history class exist? Why do we have to go over the same darn stuff everytime? Like what's in the past is in the past. Let it stay in the past. Why drag the past with us?"

The shaggy haired boy shrugged. He placed a book that could assist us with our work on the wooden table. I hadn't really took in much of his appearance earlier but now that we're actually sitting together I realized that he had really pale skin. I stared at his almost white slender fingers as they flipped the pages of the book. Is he a vampire?

"I'm not. I just don't like the sun."

My eyes switched to his face that was covered by his long shaggy hair. How-

"I get that look a lot. It's like asking if I'm really human due to the tone of my skin but I am human and not something else you're thinking of."

"And what was I thinking of?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"A vampire."