40--i'm glad he came--

I was brought to the police station where they lead me into a room with a huge glass window, a table and two chairs at either sides. I'm guessing this was the interrogation room. I was told to sit on one of the chairs and in came another man. The three polices left the room. The man dressed in a brown suit with slicked back hair sat on the chair in front of me. He placed his elbows on the table and crossed his fingers. His eyes never left mine. The air was silent and tense.

"So, Miss L/n," he finally spoke.

I remained silent, preparing for his questions.

He took his elbows off the desk and leaned back in his chair.

"How was your day today?"

The tension in the air suddenly dropped. His eyes started radiating kindness, "I hope the cops hadn't caused you too much trouble. I know how annoying they can get sometimes." The detective rambled on and on about the polices until the door behind him opened.

"Mr Conningham! Start the interrogation and stop talking about unnecessary nonsense!"

The detective, Mr Conningham waved off the police. "I don't understand how she's a suspect. She's too cute and anyone's who is as cute as my daughter should never be in this room as a suspect."

The police gritted his teeth, "Don't be a fool and let her looks deceive you. You're going to end up losing your job if you keep this up!"

"Yes yes I understand, now close the door so that I can start."

The police gave me a sharp look before closing the door. Mr Conningham sighed, looking back at me.

"Sorry about that, that police is really a pain in the a*s. He's always ordering me around like he's my boss or something."

I laughed a bit. How is he even a detective with this attitude?

"Anyways I'll start the interrogation now."

I waited for him to continue.

"Do you know a girl named Rebecca Rosemary? If so, what is your relationship with her?"

Rebecca Rosemary?

"I know someone by that name but I'm not certain of her last name," I responded.

"Oh? Well this will help then." He placed a photo on the table. In the photo was indeed the Rebecca I knew.

"Is this the girl you know?" He asked.

I nodded my head, "We only started becoming friends when she joined a group I hang out with." That, was a lie. We were never friends but if I told him that we didn't get along and that I actually planned how to kill her would send me straight into jail. And yes, I now figured out that she was the one who died in the bathroom.

"When was the last time you saw or talked to her?"

"Yesterday, during a class I went to use the bathroom and met her there."

He raised his eyebrow, "What happened while you were with her?"

"Nothing much, we just talked a bit then I left and went back to my class."

"Mhm..." He smiled but for some reason it was as if he knew I was lying and maybe he did knew I was lying.

"Did you know that she was found dead?"

"No, I heard rumours this morning but I hadn't known about who died until now,"I said

He furrowed his eyebrows, bringing his hand to the side of his lip to cover it. "Can't you act a bit more surprised about her death? You said she was your friend but your face is as flat as a pancake. Others are watching through the window y'know," he whispered.