EPILOGUE

KAEA

"Oh em gee. I am so excited." Lee yelped. "You are getting married."

Her own finger shone with a silver band that Jacob gave her when he proposed.

"Congratulations." Abigail said, hugging me. "You know what my stance on marriage is, but I am so happy for you."

Andrew rolled his eyes. "Could you both stop hogging her, please? I kind of need to congratulate her too."

The make up artist was handling the pleats of my dress. It was simple, but kind of ornate. I couldn't believe I had spent that sort of money on a dress, but this wedding was the only thing I was okay splurging on. Just one thing for Kyle and me, especially after the year we had.

Alphas and Lunas from other packs had come too. My father and mother, and his father and mother were busy greeting them.

"Seriously, Lee. Can we, please?" Jacob and Andrew hugged me carefully, not to ruin my dress.

"I owe you more than you can imagine. I am so happy that you are happy too." Andrew laughed, looking sideways at Abigail. "I don't want to be that kind of a person, but I did tell you he liked you before anyone else."

I laughed. "And I will forever be grateful for that."

Sarah and Mason peeked inside the room. "You look so gorgeous." Mason said, and Sarah raised her eyebrows.

"Less than her, of course." He added.

I held back my laughter, clamping my lips shut and hugged them both.

I didn't know if the things around me were funny, or if I was more giddy than necessary. I excused myself and took deep breaths. If I was grinning like a maniac while walking the aisle, Kyle might just run away.

I took the time to look carefully at my dress for signs of stain or some colour. I don't know why brides wear white, that's just inviting trouble. But here I was, doing it anyways.

It was a simple dress, and had a bit of a flair at the bottom, so I was told to only walk on the carpet and nothing else. Outdoor weddings usually does have extra effort attached to it.

I had gone out one day with Lee, in search of some place where the wedding could take place, and not really thinking about it, I had driven straight into the small canyon that Kyle had taken me to after our first date to the fair. So Lee and I had driven around the place, scouting for something that could be used invite the 200 guests we had wanted to invite. We would have gone with something private, but it was becoming increasingly important to have good relations with other packs. Inviting one guest meant inviting two more.

But there was this small hotel under construction, with its front yard overlooking the canyon, although from a different angle. the road hadn't been totally constructed, but the yard and the bottom floor were already open.

I knew we couldn't find a better place.

I was a little disappointed that the canyon wasn't just ours anymore. But I might as well have the first wedding to be done there be ours.

KYLE

My mind felt at peace, but my heart couldn't stop thudding.

Kaea and I were separated, and I could feel our bond tugging us closer.

I sprayed some cologne over me, just as Andrew, Abigail, Lee and Jacob left after congratulating me. They were all groomsmen and bridesmaids, I was glad they were all here. It had been six months of a lot of planning on both of our sides, and I was just glad things were going so smoothly.