18. RIGHT WHERE I WANT YOU

"You remember how I said this party is going to suck ass earlier?" Lee asked, looking ecstatic holding a red plastic cup and clinging onto Jacob.

"Yeah?"

"Well, Kaea, you will be surprised to know that I was wrong." She giggled into Jacob's neck, and he started kissing her on the neck, on the chin, the lips-

Yeah, I gotta go.

Andrew still hadn't returned back, and I had been staying clear of Kyle because he didn't seem to be the kind to keep promises. And really, if Kyle got very irked, Mason could only do so much.

The party was awesome, though. The decorations were all in blue shades, and the normal lights were dimmed. It felt ethereal in a very different way. I looked around, hoping I could spot Andrew, but another girl from my English class caught my eye and walked over.

I sighed, wondering if this counts a eligible reason to jump off the verandah. What had I done to deserve this torture of socializing?

"Hey, Kaea! Wow, you look gorgeous." Hannah said. "This colour looks so pretty on you."

Did Mason pay them to be nice?

"Oh, thanks, Hannah. You look amazing, too."

"Well, we were playing Spin The Bottle, and we have only 5 people. I was wondering if you would play with us? Oh, and this is just for unmated wolves. The guy you came with...?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. I had kissed only one person when I was very, very young. I was practically a kiss virgin. I wasn't sure I wanted to lose that in the kissing equivalent of an orgy. Or a gangbang.

Yeah, I watch porn. Shoot me.

"We are..." I want to say that we were mates, if only to get out of this game. But, that wouldn't be right to him. "...just dating."

"Oh, perfect. Come on, then."

Apparently 'just dating' means nothing to these people. Unless and until some higher power sets you together, you are pretty much doomed. Which I was, because the Goddess is not very good at playing Cupid.

I sighed, following Hannah to the small circle of seven people. They must have asked some people around.

"Your date can play too, if he wants?"

"I'll ask him once I see him." Just then, I spotted Andrew, walking towards me, waving. I called him over, and another guy with shaggy light brown hair came with him.

"Hey, we are playing Spin The Bottle. You wanna join?"

"Sure, why not? Liam?"

"Yeah, why not. Anything to get some lip action."

Several people including me laughed. But, I could also relate in a way. I never had any kisses, this might just finish everything I needed in my life in a day.

"Oh, Kaea, this is Liam. My childhood friend. Liam, this is Kaea. We are...."

"....dating. Nice to meet you." I finished for him.

I could see several people raising their eyebrows. Great, if Kyle does it, it's all cool, but how could lousy, mousy Kaea date?

"You, too." Liam replied to me.

"Well, we have eleven people now, that's a big number. Oh, and there should be a full make out session if the bottle points to the person directly opposite to them. In the closet." She smiled evilly. "So who would like to start?"

"Me."

I closed my eyes in exasperation. The one time I was actually socializing, and this jerk had to come and ruin it all. I could just break the bottle in half and insert both the ends into his and Abigail's hearts.

"Oh, hey, Kyle. Sure, we will make some space."

"This is only for unmated people, Kyle. The rules don't allow you here." I monotoned, surprising even myself. I didn't know I had the guts to do it in front of eleven people. Thirteen, if you count the idiot and the idiot's girl, too.

"I don't have a mate." He stared, looking straight into my eyes. My heart throbbed painfully, and I resisted the urge to just scream.

"Then why was Abigail blabbing about becoming the Luna?" I gritted through my teeth.

"You know why, you bitch! He-" Kyle grabbed Abigail's arm, effectively stopping her. "I mean, I don't know what you are talking about."

"We are dating, as well. Anybody have a problem with me playing?"

Nobody even breathed. Fucking mice had more guts than these baboons.

He didn't even say anything, just sat down directly opposite to me.

I gritted my teeth again. At this rate, I will need fake dentures tomorrow.

"Abigail, you want to start?" Kyle asked her, frowning at the bottle. He didn't want to start after all.

She span the bottle, and it landed on-

Andrew. Sitting two people over her.

Could this day be any worse?

She crawled over the space, looking unusually sweet and smiling one of her actual, genuine smiles. She kissed him a little deeper than a peck, but nothing too...lustful. And, Andrew responded pretty well to it.

Gosh, I am so happy.

Everybody cheered and hooted, and even I cracked a stupid, little smile. But Kyle was still burning holes on my face.

Hannah kissed Liam, and the girl sitting next to her had to kiss Kyle. Poor thing. Of course, my heart didn't quite agree. It was just filled with this J thing that I would rather not give a name to.

Andrew spun the bottle next, and it landed- on me.

Gosh, now I am a little happy. Any reservations about how our first kiss should be weren't there to begin with. So, I crawled over, and Andrew smiled and sat on his knees, too.

I smiled, and gave him a little peck on the lips, and smiled right against his lips. He chuckled and whispered, "God Kaea. You do have the softest lips."

There was a loud thud behind me, and Kyle's hands were in a fist.

I was happy that my wolf wasn't talking to me much. I didn't want her to jump out every time I saw Kyle with a girl, which would be all the time. I think she is trained from all these years of ignoring it.

Nobody really noticed it, cheering and laughing, and like anything it did, it drowned.

But, I noticed. Of course, I did.

"I will go next." Kyle said, and nobody argued with him over that.

Except I was ready to bolt, but that would mean I would lose. And this would be the most pathetic thing to lose in.

"Um, sure, Kyle." Hannah handed him the bottle.

The circle was pretty big, it wasn't possible to always go the center of the circle to spin it. So people spun it close to them. Just like Kyle. But nobody touched it, nor did they try to stop to get people where they want.

Unlike Kyle.

He had me exactly where he wanted.

At the opposite end of the bottle. The direct opposite.

____________________________________
This is little longer than average. And sorry for the cliffhanger ;)
The rules of Spin the Bottle are pretty flexible so they were flexed a little more here lol.
In the media box, you'll find "Fetish- Selena Gomez". One of my favourite songs by her!
Also Kyle does have a 'fetish' for Kaea, wouldn't you say?
K R Y S T L E