15. COFFEE AND CALLS

"Now, why would you think that's a good idea?" Lee asked, scowling hard.

"Agreed, Kaea. This... doesn't sound good at all." Jacob added, taking a gulp of his coffee.

I rolled my eyes.

"Do you think I don't know that? But it's a party, and it's been ages since I have been to one-"

"You've never been to one." Lee cut me off.

I glared at her. "I so have! Remember Emma Wilson's birthday? Who went to that?"

She laughed out a loud, humiliating laugh and pointed a spoon at me. "And when was that?"

I stayed silent.

"I thought so! It was in third grade, Kaea. That's not a party. It's little girls with pink in their hair, and ponies and princes in their dreams."

I sighed. It was technically a party, and I wasn't about to take Lee take it away from me. Mostly because that would just make my life a hell of a lot miserable. "Fuck you."

"He is."

Jacob blushed hard, and even I cracked a smile. "You have no absolutely no shame, Lee. It's disgusting."

"But you love me because of that."

Couldn't argue with that now.

"Well, obviously I am not going to let you go alone. When's the party?" Lee asked, finishing of her waffles. I shuffled in my seat.

"In two hours." I gulped, knowing what was coming.

"WHAT?! TWO HOURS?! HOW THE BLOODY HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET READY BY THEN?"

"Calm down, sweetie. It doesn't matter, you are going to look gorgeous anyway." Jacob, the Lee-charmer, said.

I arched up an eyebrow, seeing how easily he was able to calm her down. Nobody could really do that, nobody- but a mate.

"What's the sad smile for?" Lee asked, still a bit grumpy.

"Nothing." I folded the napkin in front of me. "Hey, I was wondering, do you think I should ask Andrew?"

Lee stared at me. "You're kidding right?"

"No, why?" I asked, feeling genuinely confused.

"Well, Kaea, do you really want this to be your second....or is it the first....date?" Jacob asked.

Well, no. I didn't want this to be any number of date at all. If you're avoiding the lion, it's best not to go ahead and sit in the lion's den, or his best friend's den. But if I am going...

"I would love to have him with me."

"You're not doing this to make Kyle jealous, right?" Fucking Lee, she never could keep her mouth shut.

"No." I paused, but then added. "Look, Kyle and Abigail are going to be there, all over each other , and I just... I can't be alone, Lee. I don't want to make him jealous, but I don't want to be the jealous one either." I stared at them both, they would understand right?

Jacob nodded, and so did Lee. "Yeah, no, I get it."

Jacob flashed a brilliant smile at me. "You should call him."

And so, I did.

*

He picked up at the fourth ring.

"Hello? Kaea?"

Oh damn, he would have saved my number. As soon as I heard the 'Hello?', I was like- YUP! OKAY! WE'RE DONE HERE.

I sighed. Apparently not.

"Hi. Umm...Andrew?" What was with that 'Umm'? Why did you do that 'Umm'?

"Yeah, hi." His voice was good, and so soothing. Kyle's voice was like that too, just a touch more smooth...

I shook my head. Kyle spoke like a toad. That was the truth.

"Yeah, so..." Stop being so fucking nervous, what the hell?!? "Right, uhhhh...."

"Is everything alright, Kaea?" I could hear the genuine concern in his voice.

"Yeah, everything is totally fine!" Say something nice, ask him out! What are you doing?!

"I just wanted to... thank you for walking me home."

What. Is. Wrong. With. Me?

"Oh." Was that sadness I heard? "That's alright. It was no problem."

I couldn't get the words out of my mouth, I was so sure I would sound like an utter fool.

"Is that all?"

Is it?

No.

"Actually, someone I know is throwing a party. And I know it's not ideal, but I was wondering if-"

"I'll be there at 7?"

"What? I mean, yes. Yes."

He smiled, I know he did, because it was in his words. "Bye, then."

"Bye."

And I was smiling too.

____________________________________________________

Nervous Kaea is very cute, and no one can take that away. Lol.

I just wanted a chill chapter for a while, so the song had to match the vibe , too, right?

In the media box is "5:32PM- The Deli". The chillest, purest song. Kinda suits the coffee shop vibe.

Anyways, I love you all! Thank you for having my back!

Every vote that you give motivates me to write so much more, which is really necessary considering this is exam season and it's been hard to get out The Words.

So, please vote, comment, share and follow!

K R Y S T L E 

PS. This chapter is dedicated to @JeonNadia_ for being such a supportive reader! Tysm :)