2. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

The next day at school was a breeze, by which it I meant it was like a fucking hailstorm.

As usual, I got taunted and stuff. Kyle poked fun at me by mentioning how much I looked like poop in my brown sweater. Which of course, made Abigail laugh so hard I thought she would rip her guts out.

Kyle on the other hand, had his resting bitch face on, and he looked at me like I wasn't even worth the dirt on his shoes. Looking at him left a bitter taste in my mouth.

This guy had no sense of humour whatsoever.

And I wish I could have said that to his face, I really do... But having anxiety doesn't help and before an attack comes along, I try to scutter off.

My mouth dry, I sat with Lee on our usual table, the corner one. She was playing with her spaghetti, when she suddenly looked up, her eyes green eyes turned golden.

I backed up, this was not Lee, it was her wolf. She tilted her head, and sniffed, her pixie cut bobbing as she did. "I smell it." She whispered, more to herself than me.

People had started staring at our table. The rare occurrence of our wolves taking over without our permission only meant a few things. Either that she had found her mate, or she had smelt her enemy.

Oh my god. Lee had no enemy, so...

"Lee?" I asked under my breath. My hair fell down in front of my eyes as I jumped when Lee suddenly put a finger on her lips and loudly said, "Shhh.... I smell him."

Her eyes were growing more and more lustful but she was not getting off the table. What the hell... She should be running by now.

Suddenly, her eyes turned green again, and by the beads on her forehead, I guessed it had taken a lot of effort.

I just stared at her.

"The spaghetti is good. You should try it." She took three large gulps from her water bottle, wiping off the sweat with the back of her hand.

"What the hell are you doing?! You just found your mate, you should be running around like a lunatic and have a heated make out session!" Indignantly, I half-screamed.

"I am not ready, K... I- Oh no." She suddenly stopped, staring wide-eyed at the door. Her cheeks tinged pink and she dropped her gaze.

I turned to see a very cute, very handsome, blond guy that I had never seen before standing there, eyes tinged with silver, shining so bright even I could see them from where I was sitting.

"Go to him!" I am going to murder her.

"Kaea, you don't understand. What if he rejects me? I am not ready, I am just not ready for this."

I turned around again, the guy was respecting Lee's boundaries and still standing there. But I could see it in his posture and the way his gaze had heated that he was barely holding on.

"Lee, you are absolutely perfect. Look at him, does he look like he is going to reject you from any angle? And you are as ready as you can ever be. Woman up, girl." She was still hesitant. "I said, GET UP!" I shouted so loud, I was sure my eyes had turned red. Half the cafeteria looked up to us.

As soon as the words left my mouth, Lee jerkily got up. "OK." She squealed and went off, dragging her jacket and purse. I took deep breaths, I had never lost control like that.

It was small, so small that probably no one noticed, but I did.

As Lee went to the guy, he smiled and walked out, probably expecting Lee to follow. She looked back once and I made a shooing gesture. Then she went off, and outside, after five minutes or so, I could hear hootings and congratulations. I grinned.