73. TELL ME, PLEASE

KAEA

Kyle hadn't replied. I bit my lip. The messages had delivered and he hadn't seen them.

I really enjoyed today :) Thank you so much for being so amazing about all of this.

Hey? You online?

Nvm, lol. I am sorry to disturb you. You must be tired. I just had a question but I can ask that later.

I didn't want to be a godzilla about this. I knew, of course, he doesn't always need to reply to me within the hour. That was a super unrealistic expectation to have of someone anyways, and more so, when that person had work to do like Kyle did.

I tried to shrug it off my mind, but I had been feeling a deep sense of rage the entire day.

I wondered if he could sense my slight worry.

Of course not, you idiot. You are more closed off emotionally than anyone you've ever known.

I scowled. I didn't know what had brought my wolf back so suddenly. I was kind of hating it. Plus this is what I wanted to ask him. Maybe he had more insight into this topic, but then again, I didn't know if it was indication of something too premature.

She scoffed inside my head.

Oh lord, is this what my life is going to look like now?

Why? Are you planning to say yes to Kyle?

I ignored her and shoved her out of my mind. She can go back wherever she came from.

***

We finally had to go to school now. Because the end was neigh, and I couldn't wait for it, but I also...was going to...miss...this place. I cannot believe I actually felt that way. It was disgusting.

Kyle hadn't come yet. I was standing near my locker, when I heard tires screeching outside. Several heads, including mine looked up, but I was confused only because I knew who it was. Kyle entered the hall, his face dark and angry. Eyes rimmed with dark circle, lips pressed so thin they practically disappeared.

He spotted me, and I took a step, thinking I would go to him, but he mustered up a smile, which just looked like a grimace on his face, and went walking without looking twice at me. I stopped. Message received. He doesn't want to talk to me.

As I looked at him, I saw people hurriedly getting out of his way. Lee was suddenly behind me. "What the fuck is up with him?"

I started. "Why do you have to scare me like that?"

Lee touched her heart. "Me? Never!"

I tried to smile but my mood was a little spoiled. In fact, I didn't want to smile at all. I realised it was both the bond and my own feelings at seeing him like that.

Was he done now? Was it all it was? Toying with my feelings, and then- No. No. I was assuming the worst, again.

He clearly was not in a mood to talk to anybody. And he didn't have to tell me everything. I didn't have any deep secrets about my life that he didn't know, but I wondered if he had opened up more to me than I had to him...

Lee gave me a questioning look.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, what is up with both of you?" And then she paused. "Or one of you. Which one?"

I rolled my eyes. "Him. And I have no clue."

She nodded thoughtfully but didn't push me any further. But I was worried. Was it something I did? Maybe he isn't as okay with me going to college as he said he was. Which was understandable, of course, but was this going to be him for the next few days?