8. HEY FRIEND, I AM ANGRY

I lay like that for a very long time, and somewhere along the way I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was groggy, with dry tear patches under my eyes and on my cheeks.

I sat still for a second, not quite wanting to believe what my life had become. With my forehead in my hands, I just sat there for a long time. And, that's when I decided-

I knew that Kyle was not going to change. I wasn't going to accept him, it would cause me a billion times more pain than yesterday, he wouldn't reject me, he wouldn't accept my rejection. A mate connection dwindled to nothing when you rejected someone, it amplified itself with acceptance, and became even more stronger when they mated.

And in this state of in between? It was still strong. It was like a fresh break up, where you still loved the person, but didn't have anything to do with them anymore. I wasn't in love with Kyle, but he was my mate.

He would keep going to cause me pain like this. And I couldn't let him do that to me, he wouldn't listen, obviously, so there was only one way. I prayed to the Moon Goddess that it worked, because if it didn't, I might have to actually kill Kyle Kovich, and since murder of an Alpha was a serious offence, I would have to become a fugitive.

I didn't want that. I had to move on. I had to find someone else. I had to erase Kyle from my system forever.

KYLE

The first clue I got, I couldn't believe it. I remembered Kaea's birthday, so when I felt like I had a mini heart-attack, the sign that your mate just turned eighteen, on Sunday, I almost wanted to jump off a building.

I had always known I would find my mate, but I had always feared Kaea would be mine.

So, on Monday, I came late to school, because I didn't want to see her, smell her, and confirm my suspicions. But she was everywhere. Her smell was everywhere. Chocolate and Honey. Every. Fucking. Where.

I almost lost it there and then. But then I calmed myself a little somehow. It still wasn't enough. I followed her scent to the water cooler. She looked beautiful, she always did, even before I found out she was my mate.

She stilled and turned around, and threw fucking water all over me. She had beads of water still stuck on her lips, and I knew if I looked at them too much, I would do something I would regret.

And then she had asked me, screamed at me, to 'do it', I thought she was talking about me accepting her as my mate, and I couldn't believe my ears. I wanted to mark her as mine, but then she said the fucking thing I had always known she would- reject me.

I was so angry, I saw red. Oh this bitch wasn't going to be free from me so easily.

That night, I got laid. Because I wanted, no, I needed to hurt her.

The next morning, I called Mason, my best friend. He picked up on the fourth ring. I was so angry I couldn't think straight. Even sex hadn't been able to calm me down, it only made me angrier.

"Hey." Mason said groggily. "'Sup? Found your mate-for-life?"

Instinctively, I growled slowly.

"Woah, man, calm down. What is up with you?"

I took three deep breaths. Nothing. My teeth grit together. "Kaea."

"What?" He sounded extremely confused.

"She is my mate."

Silence. Even he didn't have anything witty to say about this.

"Mason?"

"Are you...err...sure?" He asked tentatively.

"Of course, I am sure!" I growled again. What the fuck? Deep Breaths. Deep Breaths. "She wanted to reject me, she wanted to-"

"You can't blame her, Kyle." He said so quietly, I almost didn't hear.

"What did you just say?"

"You can not blame her, Kyle. You've bullied her your whole life. You have this weird obsession with her-"

"That is not true." I interrupted.

"-Oh yeah? Then why did you not let anyone even have a crush on her?"

"I...she didn't deserve it."

Another silence, but this time an angrier one. Finally, Mason spoke. "I told you that I think she has become pretty hot, I would like to bang her, and you punched me."

"She didn't deserve praises, Mason. My point is- I hate her."

"You know what? I am coming over. Give me five."

Five minutes later, he was in my room. He was the only guy I knew, who was so particular about time. His pale blond hair was combed, and I looked down into his eyes, as he was two inches shorter than me. He returned the angry stare right back. Which is why he was my best friend.

"Let's start with the question that has been on my mind. What do you mean- 'she wanted to reject you'? Why didn't she do it?" He asked me with narrowed blue eyes.

"I told her I wouldn't accept it." Yeahhh....

"What? Why?"

I stayed silent.

"What is wrong with you, Kyle?" He stood up. "You hate her! Let her go, for God's sake! You're taking this thing too far."

"I will take this as far as I want to."

"Then why did you even call me?" Mason asked in a flat voice.

"I was just...really angry." I turned to look at him. I was expecting something akin to sympathy, but Mason was almost boiling with rage. "What?"

"You were angry? You were angry? You know what, Kyle, you have tortured her continuously for eight years, and you still don't want to let it go? Even if it hurts you?"

"It doesn't hurt me in any way. My life will continue on as usual, while she will suffer. It is a one-time opportunity. In fact, I got laid last night."

I felt a sudden chill in the air, and the door clicked shut behind me. Mason was gone.

__________________________________

So, Mason in here. And, I love Mason. Yahoooooo

In the media box is "Lithium-Nirvana". It's angry and so is Kyle lol.

Love youuuuuu!

K R Y S T L E