11. A MONSTER IN THE MIDST

"Open up the door, Princess." A guy shouted, and I could hear Kyle growl at him. Well, he wouldn't have done that if he just simply rejected me, but does he do that? No.

"Open the door, Kaea. At least, open the window." Kyle said in a low voice.

I ran to check the door, and I locked it just as someone started turning the knob.

I sat, my ear near the keyhole, and with a dry mouth, trying to listen what was going on outside, when suddenly-

"I know you're there, Princess." Kyle whispered through the keyhole. "I saw you through the window, getting ready for something?"

"I don't think it's any of your damn business." I whispered back. How dare he come here with his goons?

"Oh, but it is, don't you know what they say? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?" He wasn't whispering, just talking normally to the fucking door probably.

"I don't see what my dating life has got to do with the animosity between us." I hated this guy so much.

Silence. I didn't even for one second think, that Kyle and his gang had disappeared. Clearly they were planning something.

"Open the door, Kaea, or I will break this thing down." I could hear the anger in his voice. Oh, so now it's wrong for me to go on dates?

"Jealous much, Kyle?" It skipped my mouth before I could think twice about it.

Again, he didn't give an answer for a very long time, and slowly the thudding on the door stopped. And then, he started laughing. "Jealous? Me? Kaea, I am the guy who would accept you as his mate, if it causes you more pain."

"Fuck off, Kyle."

"You know Kaea, you really underestimate my hate for you. All of my friends were irritated that you didn't come today, we had one big prank planned for you."

With a shuddering breath, I started stripping and keeping my clothes into a bag, keys as well as a pair of Oxford shoes. I opened the back door, the one even Kyle didn't know about, our emergency exit, and changed into wolf form. I knew that it was going to take him seconds to realize why there was a bit of change in my scent, and so I nudged the door close, and it fit in perfectly with the wall.

With the bag in my mouth, I ran off in the direction of the town, but it wouldn't have been even thirty seconds when I started hearing a pack of wolves behind me. Of course, I could smell Kyle. And, this time I could smell the alcohol on him. And, clearly I didn't think this through, because while I may have wanted to reject Kyle, my wolf, his wolf, and even he himself clearly did not.

The only thing I could do, was to make sure I don't come face-to-face with Kyle.

I mean, I really didn't see this through when my wolf started going around to him again. So I changed back into human form again, and started wearing my clothes. I was about to wear my T-shirt when I heard a small growl. I finished what I was doing, and Kyle changed into human form again.

"What do you want, Kyle?"

"You know what I want. What we want. We planned a big prank, and you didn't come. Nobody could sit around for tomorrow, we are an impatient lot." His face was so stoic, he was giving rocks a run for their money.

This guy is mentally sick.

"So what are you gonna do? Bombard me with eggs? Kinda stupid and very childish, don't you think?" I crossed my arms.

He came a bit closer, but I stood there. Mostly because there was a large tree behind me and I couldn't really run away. He was bigger, faster and more trained.

"Tell me, Kaea, do you know Andrew Smith?"

I stilled and looked at him. He had the smallest shadow of a smirk on his face. I didn't say anything.

He nodded slowly to me, knowing what my silence meant. "Did you know he and I are pretty good friends. He is from a different pack, in fact, he is from the same pack, your friend Jacob came from. He sent me this picture last night, of a girl who he had a date with." He frowned mockingly at me, playing with the large egg in his hand. "He said he had a really good feeling about her. Do you want to know what I thought then?"

"No."

He ignored me, obviously. "I thought, 'Man, if I let this golden opportunity slip from my hands, then I wouldn't be a very good enemy.'"

"You are a monster, Kyle." I whispered.

He took two steps towards me. We were standing so close that if I moved even an inch, I would kiss him. But I didn't want to, Goddess, I did want to.

He grazed my neck with his nose, and I shivered. Why did we have to be mates?

He breathed into my ear. "I thought you always knew that, Kitten."

I took two steps back, shaking, but he held my hands in a tight grip, and burst a balloon with his hands on the top of my head. I closed my eyes, not again!

"You think this is gonna make me scared?" I wanted to laugh. It's gonna take more than bird ova to break me now.

"Oh no, but this should destroy your date."

No genius, I can go back to my home and get a shower.

He whispered into my ears again. "Also you can't go home, because my friends are there. And you can't tell Andrew I did this, by the way, or your little matchmaker friend Jacob will have to face the consequence." He traced my collarbone, he was standing so close, it was sending my body into a paradoxical state. "Give me your phone, and go meet him at your 'date'."

"You will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands." I grasped his wrists and removed his hands from my body.

"Tempting, but I have a better option." He stepped onto the bag, in which my phone was kept, and I heard a loud CRUNCH, it was the sound of both my heart and the phone breaking.

"Keep me posted, by the way."

_______________________________________

Kyle is just...and Kaea is just...*sighs*

In the media box is "I Hate Everything About You-Three Days Grace"

Please vote, comment, share and follow! It would mean the world to me :)

K R Y S T L E