5. BELATED BIRTHDAY

A week later

Paris was marvelleuse. Or something to that effect. I turned off my phone since the only one who would have wished me on my birthday, the last day of my trip, was Lee only.

We drank wine (Yum!), ate cake, and just took the gorgeous city in. I was truly, wholly happy for the first time in my life, even though I missed Lee dearly.

When I got back, the next morning was school, but Lee called me and said that I need to meet her mate, or our friendship was on the line. I snorted loudly and then she said that she was going to post the picture of me with my enlarged nostrils, and some red lipstick all over my face, and that thought was more terrifying than anything else, so I agreed.

The one little coffee shop was open from 5 am in the morning, to 9 pm in the night, because werewolves tend to wake up pretty early, even if none of them want to.

"Lee!" I waved at her when I spotted her sitting in a booth with the same blond guy.

"Kaea! Come on over!" She picked up her and Jacob's bags to make space for me. I slid into the chair across theirs.

"Hi, Jacob" I smiled. He was really handsome, just like Lee was very beautiful. He was tall, with sort of dusty blond hair and grey eyes. No wonder Lee was swooning so hard.

"Hey, Kaea." He grinned at me, and then looked back at Lee, and then kept on looking and kept...

I coughed. "No one told me I would be third-wheeling this hard."

Lee laughed. "Well, I have told you a lot about Jacob-"

"A lot."

"and I have told Jacob a lot about you."

"She has. She was desperate for me to meet you." He said, winking at her.

I smiled at their cuteness. "Well, makes sense. I approve everything for her before she goes through with it."

Jacob laughed at that, and Lee glared at me. The she rolled her eyes and said, "Well, I didn't ask for your approval for what we did two days after you were gone." She wiggled her dark eyebrows at me.

I stared at her, incredulous, while Jacob blushed and stared out of the window, as if fascinated by the brown, murky building.

I silently asked her with my expression. Seriously?!

She wiggled her eyebrows again. Yas, Darlin'.

"Anyway, she also ordered three lattes and three pancakes without your approval." Jacob butted in.

I laughed. "I am gone for seven days, and you go from Snow White to Elsa?"

We made small talk, and then our breakfast arrived. "So how come I never saw you around Jacob?"

"Well, I was actually studying in the other district till the last year. This year, my father was made in-charge of all our pack soldiers, so we needed to stay closer. I changed schools."

"Jordan Smith is your father?"

"Yeah." He answered. "You are the Beta's daughter, aren't you? I have heard a lot about you, from around the school."

I sighed, suddenly not very hungry anymore.

"Half of what you've heard are probably lies." Lee pointed a fork playfully at him. "Don't believe them."

"Well, Lee, I am smart enough to not believe in rumours. But you must have it hard at school, yeah?"

I thinned my lips. "Well...yeah. But I have been grateful to have Lee at my side."

Lee smiled at me. "And I will always be. But, seriously Kaea, if you were half as sassy with them as you're with us, they would cower before your strength. Which reminds me of your birthday present..."

She handed me a package covered with blue wrapping paper, and looked at me expectantly. "Belated Happy Birthday, Kaea."

"Yeah, Belated Happy Birthday." Jacob quipped, looking curiously at the package.

I took the last bite of my pancake, and started unwrapping the package. A small necklace with 'Crescent Kaea' written on it fell out. It was silver and purple, and the shape of the crescent moon. It was absolutely breathtaking and I was left speechless.

Crescent was the title awarded to the bravest people in a pack. To have such a necklace made custom-made, it would have cost a lot.

Lee looked at me nervously, "Do you like it?"

"I love it."

_______________________________________________

SOoooooo...did you like it? Did you like it? Did you like it like it like it?

LOL. But I really hope you liked it!

In the media box is "Budapest-George Ezra" I love this song so much and I feel like it's perfect for coffee shops????

Please vote, comment, share and follow!!!

K R Y S T L E