75. BLACK AND BLUES

KAEA

I rang his bell, and his Uncle opened the door. He almost sneered at me but caught himself. "Have you come to apologize?"

I sneered at him. "To you? Never."

He started closing the door at my face. I didn't understand what his problem was. Did he just like to go around toying with people? Why the hell did he hate Kyle so much?

I put my face in between the door. "Fuck off."

I tried to call Kyle, but he wouldn't pick up his phone. "Where's he?"

The pressure got enough that I thought the bones in my foot were going to start breaking. I removed it back, grimacing.

I rang the bell again and again. I stepped back, trying to see him inside. I didn't know what I was hoping for, but I was surprised when I saw him punching the hell out of a punching bag, headphones over his ears.

I gritted my teeth. Why couldn't he have been sleeping with his phone on full volume? Or better yet, sitting just beside the door waiting for me or something?

I wondered if I should just wait until tomorrow. But nope. I was too angry for tomorrow.

Just open up to him, for goddess' sake.

I jumped a little. What do you mean? I asked.

Let go of the mental barriers you've built for him. They are crumbled enough, already.

I suddenly realized this was why Kyle sometimes looked like he had no idea what I felt. Because he usually didn't.

What was I supposed to do? Just shrug them off? What the fuck?

I conjured up a mental wall between me and Kyle, and mentally, as my heart thudded, I imagined it breaking off.

Suddenly the hints and mildness of his emotions that I felt came in full force. My anger tripled as his mixed with mine, and I could sense his shock. I wondered if I could talk to him telepathically-

What do you think this is? A science fiction novel?

I ignored her. What was the fucking point then?

As soon as his headphones came off, I ringed the bell. He looked towards the door in his room, then at me, out the window.

I waved my hand.

And he looked ready to murder me. I was already very, very, very angry, but this felt like a thunderstorm. He was making his way to the door. I gulped, a little scared. But surprisingly, not like I had been before. Not that he could hurt me. I was scared that he was upset with me, and I didn't want that.

There was a little skirmish, and then he snarled, "Get off the door."

Fuck.

He opened the door, to my equally pissed off face. "I asked one thing of you." He said quietly like he was restraining himself.

"He came to my house."

His face went slack. I could see his uncle backing off the door, but he still didn't have enough common sense to leave entirely. Kyle was still looking at me.

"Tell him, what you said to me." I called out.

"Kyle, I am only looking out for you, son. An Alpha needs to be strong-" When Kyle turned to face him, his words died in his mouth.

"I am just saying- you don't need this bitch-"

A punch landed right in his face.

"You're going to take this slut's side instead of mine!" He said, and tried to punch Kyle in the stomach, but Kyle dodged it and punched him on the nose. Kyle had a dangerous aura around him, right now, one I was afraid to touch. And when he kicked him in the stomach, I knew this was not just about me. He tried to get up again, bringing up his fists, his eyes murderous but was met with another punch. He wasn't defeating him... he was beating him.