8: All-in

In-City was able to catch up with Shax right in the middle of UN Village. People were trying to escape the carnage brought by the Source's personal assassin. Infrastructures were damaged and some people were injured as they ran for their lives.

Shax stopped attacking the surrounding area as he had to defend himself from a metallic sphere that was heading towards him; his Aerokinesis made the metallic sphere combust mid-air but the shockwave of the explosion pushed him back a few steps.

"Ah, I see you have made it past the warlocks," Shax said in his eerily husky voice.

"Yes, our colleagues have already cleaned up that mess; now, it's your turn," Taeyong confidently said.

"I gladly accept your challenge," Shax sneered.

Shax fired consecutive blasts of condensed air. This time, Taeil was able to counter each blast with the help of Haechan's Augmentation. In-City's offensive members scattered and surrounded Shax; the teleporters, along with Haechan, Shotaro and Jisung, hid themselves.

"X-Con: Take Off!" Kun, Ten, Lucas, Xiaojun and Hendery chanted.

The WayV sub-unit activated their X-Con technique. A fast-moving smoke was generated from their area. Everything the smoke touched burst in flames. To protect his teammates from the effects of Take Off, Jisung was able to activate his force field around them and each of the offensive members individually.

"Thank goodness D.O.-hyung taught me how to make force fields from a considerable distance," Jisung was reminded of the time D.O. taught him this skill. As far as he knew, only him, D.O. and Jin from Bulletproof Scouts could activate their force fields in this manner.

The WayV sub-unit members were expecting a direct hit. However, Shax was indeed a general. He easily nullified the smoke with his Aerokinesis, making a wind vortex to suck the smoke and bring it toward the sky.

"I can't believe he easily countered our X-Con technique," Kun was in disbelief.

"My turn," Shax smirked and snapped his fingers.

At the snap of his fingers, more warlocks, triple the amount from earlier, appeared in the battlefield and began attacking In-City with Fireballs, Optical Fire Bolts, Fire Breathe, Light Darts and Energy Beams. In-City had no choice but to deal with the underlings. Taeil took it upon himself to face Shax to a deadlock for the meantime.

"Let's deal with these pests," Taeyong instructed his team as he electrocuted some of the warlocks with beams of concentrated electricity.

"Be careful, guys!" Johnny reminded everyone while throwing some of his Bursting Balls.

"We need to get rid of these warlocks as soon as we could so that can help Taeil-hyung," Kun said as he burned warlock with his blue flames.

"Just try to kill them off one by one," Doyoung encouraged while he turned warlocks into ash through his illusionary pillars of fire.