10: Double Trouble

It was quite a normal morning for the people of Emildy Province. Despite the fact that Essim Province was attacked yesterday, people assumed that they were safe since Emildy was just a medium-sized province. Landomom, on the other hand, was still vigilant. They knew the attacks were random and therefore, every single province could be attacked at any time.

"Hello?" Hyebin answered her phone. "Copy, sir. We will respond right away."

"Who was it, unnie?" Nancy asked.

"It's our province ruler. Bboombboom City is under attack," Hyebin revealed. "We must go there immediately."

Without wasting any time, Nancy teleported her squad to Bboombboom City. Unfortunately, as soon as they arrived, the enemies shot toxic acid from their mouths. Nancy and Ahin were splashed by the acid, causing massive burns on their bodies.

 Nancy and Ahin were splashed by the acid, causing massive burns on their bodies

"AHHHH!" Nancy winced in pain.

"Why you sneaky monsters," Jane was angered.

Jane was able to kill off three of the ambushers with her Laser Bolts. Nayun's Energy Wave was able to eradicate ten in one shot. After Hyebin securely hid the injured Nancy and Ahin, she used her sharp water whips to slice three invaders at a time. JooE was finishing off several enemies with her Energy Blasts.

"Where is the general?" JooE asked.

"I don't see anyone," Nayun looked around.

"Maybe this is just low-level invasion troop to split our kingdom's forces apart," Hyebin theorized.

Even uncertain, Landomom continued to whittle down the enemies' number. In the middle of all the battling, Hyebin and Nayun also took burns on their arms. Fortunately, they were able to annihilate the invading troops. And just to make sure, they searched the area for a possible leader of the pack but they found none. Landomom immediately teleported themselves to the nearest hospital for magical medical attention.

Landomom was right. The general was not in Emildy but instead in QK Province.

"Bow down, mortals, to the power of Sirk and my scabbar underlings," the invader introduced himself and started destroying infrastructure as soon as he teleported in through flames. His scabbar underlings began shooting acid out of their mouths.

 His scabbar underlings began shooting acid out of their mouths