12: Strange Magic

After her participation in this morning's meeting, BoA was restless in the Seer Suite. She had been racking her brain as to where and how did the Supreme Six and Twilight Triad disappear. As the kingdom's leading authority on all things magical, it was kind of up to her to find out what exactly happened and how to bring them back.

"I need to answer these five questions: Who or what caused this? Where did they go? Why the nine of them? How did it happen? And why did my spell did not work?" BoA thought as she paced around the Seer Suite. "Even Jang Keunsuk's memory has nothing on what is currently happening."

BoA sighed as she was still unable to find the answer to the nine's disappearance.

"If only I personally witnessed what happened that day, that could really help me," BoA muttered. "What am I talking about? I'm a spell caster. I can do whatever I want. I can access everyone's memory and see for myself."

BoA composed herself for a few minutes and created a spell to suit her current goal.

"Now... who should I use this spell?" BoA pondered. "Hmmm... I guess In-City, Five-Sided Polygon, Ex-Monster, and Troas will do."

BoA immediately teleported to Seasony. In-City was shocked with her surprise visit.

"Seonbaenim? Why are you here?" Taeyong, who was lounging comfortably on the sofa, immediately straightened his posture as soon as BoA materialized.

"I have a favor to ask. Can you gather all you members here?" BoA requested.

In a jiffy, all twenty-three In-City members were in the living room.

"I have a spell here that will access your memories from the day of the ambush. I will be needing those if I want to get to the bottom of this mystery. May I?" BoA asked for permission.

"Sure," Taeyong agreed after everyone nodded.

"Moments past and left behind, mystery now still undefined; dive deep into each of their mind, the ambush soon I will find."

The spell took effect immediately. BoA closed her eyes and saw the sequence of events that transpired on the day of the disappearance from the perspective of In-City. She immediately opened her eyes as soon as the effects of the spell ended.

"Thank you for your memories. That was very helpful," BoA thanked In-City.

After In-City, she went to Monbebe, Ex-Monster's headquarters.

"BoA-seonbaenim!" the Ex-Monster members were surprised when BoA dropped in.

"May I take a look at your memories about the ambush?" BoA inquired. "I need it for my investigation."

"Sure. But how are you going to do that?" Minhyuk raised an eyebrow.

"Through a spell, dummy. She is the Kingdom Seer after all," I.M. retorted.

"Were you expecting seonbaenim to actually open our heads and look for the memory?" Shownu shook his head while Hyungwon just sipped his tea.

"Please proceed, seonbaenim," Jooheoney stated.

Ex-Monster agreed. It did not take long. When BoA got she wanted, she politely left and went to Universe, Five-Sided Polygon's official residence.

"Seonbaenim? What's the reason for your visit?" Hongseok asked.

"I just need to access your memories to help me with my investigation," BoA revealed.

"Uhm... sure?" Shinwon agreed in behalf of everyone even though they were all confused.

"Don't worry. It's a spell," BoA revealed.

"Is it safe?" Yeo One questions.

"Are there side-effects?" Yanan added.

"Do you really think BoA-seonbaenim will use a harmful spell on us?" Yuto rolled his eyes; Kino could only shake his head in disbelief.

Finally, BoA reached her final destination – AROHA, Troas' official residence and headquarters.

"BoA-seonbaenim?" it was all Jinjin could mutter.

"Hi. Can I access your memories of the ambush so that I could figure out how they disappeared?" BoA went straight to the point.

"We're glad to be of service," Eunwoo politely said.

She finally had a fair amount of information and insight on the ambush. Thankfully, all four groups were seated in different parts of the assembly hall. Now, BoA had some sort of a three-hundred and sixty-degree view of the whole event thanks to their memories.

"There was nothing unusual about it. The Source of All Evil and his underlings' powers were the usual ones – Advance Pyrogenism, Pyrogenism, Advanced Electrokinesis, Electrokinesis and all types of Projectiles. There was nothing on the mix that could cause the disappearance," BoA recalled on her mind what she just saw. She was now back on the Seer Suite in Swing Province.

"Did they teleport out? But that doesn't make any sense. If they simply teleported out, my spell should have summoned them. And besides, why would they teleport? They have defensive abilities. Jin and D.O have Shielding; Jaehwan has Power Channeling; Jihoon has Deflection; Woojin has Power Negation; Joshua has Temporal Stasis; Seongwu and Tao both have Chronokinesis and even Wanna One has their Triple Position X-Con technique. They could have easily defended those attacks in many different ways," BoA murmured to herself.

BoA was running her hand through her hair as she was beginning to feel annoyed. To release her stress, she decided to visit the "scene of the crime". She was hoping there is something in the assembly hall that could help her crack the case wide open.

As soon as she entered, the lights to the assembly hall lit up with a snap of her fingers. The assembly hall looked just like before – after all, she restored everything through a spell.

"Hmm... if memory serves me right, the Source of All Evil appeared right here, at the very center of the hall in the middle of the aisle," BoA crossed her arms. "While the nine of them were on the respective spots up front."

She began to walk around the hall, trying to see if anything was out of ordinary.

"Why did I even restore this place back magically again? I should have preserved the evidences," BoA clicked her tongue.

Finally, she went up to the spot where the missing nine should be sitting on the day of the incident. When she was walking up to Wanna One's position, she felt something.

"What is this? There is something strange here," BoA began to look around confusedly. "What is this strange thing that I am perceiving?"

BoA went to each of the Supreme Six and Twilight Triad's spots. The strange feeling was there. She closed her eyes to zero in on the strange sensation and realized that the strange sensation was upon the whole area where the nine were supposed to be.

"I am definitely feeling those nine's powers in here... but there is something else... something else thrown in on the mix... something familiar yet I can't discern which," BoA squinted her eyes. "Does this have something to do with their disappearance?"

However, BoA's train of thoughts was interrupted by the sense that someone or something teleported in.