06 | Giggle, Clare

A CRYING INFANT bombarded Chase's eardrums causing him to wake from his slumber. He was lying in the middle of the road, clueless as to why he was there in the first place.

The blinding sunrise waved at his eyelids inciting them to close tightly. His head was pounding like someone stabbed him hundreds — no, millions of times.

Sitting up, he then touched his forehead. His fingertips caressed a bulky well and when he pushed his finger towards it, the long figure went inside. He sat there, frightened.

"It didn't hurt," he thought, "but how..."

The infant's crying suddenly stopped when he saw a young girl opening a window from the house beside him. With the finger still in his forehead, he stood up and walked towards the opening of the structure.

He saw a petite baby being carried by a young girl that seemingly looked like she's around the age of five or six. They were sitting on a sofa watching TV. Beside them is a boy, who looked like a young teenager, playing a game on a phone.

"Am I dreaming?" he asked out of curiosity.

He slowly pulled his finger away from his forehead and no blood was seen. Giggles from the infant were then heard.

"Jake, Clare's laughing! I think she likes Spongebob," the young lass enthusiastically announced.

The boy was more focused on his phone so he did not react to her statement.

Chase Harper then decided to stick his finger inside the hole as he slowly pulled it out once more. Clare Florence kept on giggling at the funny lad.