18 | Dream of Me, Clare

A SEVENTEEN-YEAR-OLD girl is seen laying down on a glass flooring - black walls reflected its dark pigment almost everywhere.

With a frightened heart, the lass cannot move around due to the lack of air. She was drowning, although there was no water present. Her chest deeply sank and rose each second as she begged for the longing feeling of being able to breathe.

While struggling to fulfill her desires, she heard footsteps coming in her direction. Her heart started to malfunction. It beats every second, each moment she inhales and exhales.

"Clare?" a female's voice whispered and Clare's ears heard a long and thin sound afterward.

'Am I dying' questions were racing through her thoughts. She felt utterly helpless, not until she heard a nostalgic yet familiar voice.

"What happened?!" a male shouts, "Claire?!" he repeats, syncing with her hitched breathing pattern and irregular heartbeat.

The voices overlapped each other and the ringing sound isn't fading. Air never surpassed her lungs either.

Tears were brimming under her eyelids yet they weren't dripping. They puddled up into a pool around her head. At that moment, she was able to breathe regardless of the water penetrating her mouth and nostrils.

With Clare gasping for air from the liquid that surrounded her, she sat up - her chest continuously moved up and down. She scanned the place and what she saw made the pool of tears burst into thin air.

Burning Betrayalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें